Official Beta 0.35 Bug Reporting Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.35 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omega Sephiroth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: A few glitches I have found. Reply with quote

Not listening others that I have seen, or at least I hope so... Anways!

1) There is a problem with spawning on the map. Half the time you will kill a team member by tela-frag.

2) Someone said it eailer but i think it bares repeating, the monster glitches.

Zombies are seen, as well as Imps and other creatures, standing up at the place they spawn, before they spawn, for example, zombies that crawl from the floor or/and imps that climb up from elevatour shafts.

Also Mentioned, but you can not hear any monster sounds...well i take that back , you can hear them hissing, or the marines jabber talk, but gun shots from them are none existant ( sp ) Kinda a pain in the arse to get a random hp reduction from a zombie toten a shot gun behind you.

3) PDA useage... Whoopse I seen this has already been voiced...go me.

4) Lag is NOT a glitch, however an annoyance. I am not sure if its because i did something wrong, if its my cable, or if the maps are way out there in BFE, but some times it does fine,and others, like when monsters start to spawn, it goes anal.

5) reliable message overflow is the worse thing in the world. Not only do I have no clue what it is but it happens so much and then, everybody poof! Gone! no more! o.O;

Other then that, I have to say this is the best damned thing I have found for DOOM 3, and I will be a loyal fan, and will continue to keep with your updates Very Happy
Corrupt Chocula
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone tell me what Reliable message overflow means? maybe there is a way for client to prevent this--i havent gotten it for a while now. maybe it was something i did Confused
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do clients get any other message than just "disconnected" because of that error?

The server probaby keeps a buffer of size 65535 for each client. Data to be sent to client gets copied into that buffer until it is time to send a new snapshot to clients (more efficient than to send lots of very small packets all the time).

Because of the not so efficient network code there is a lot of things that are sent but shouldn't be sent. There's also a few very dangerous, still unknown things that happen in the game that just fills that buffer up so quick it overflows. One such example was the breakable glass which would send a piece of information to each client for every glass shard every frame! That = instant overflow.

If the buffer is full client is kicked and server prints a message client X reliable message overflow.

You should get overflow in certain places more often than others because of how the levels are built up, especially in the SP maps which weren't meant for MP. The machinegun/chaingun/plasmagun/shotguns aren't healthy either, they send a lot of messages. Guns will be fixed in next release.
Skutarth
LMS Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a problem with the current monster death method that while they're still walking toward you, they don't clip in the way that you can walk through them, but it clips in such a way that weapons still hit them. This impacts gameplay, since you can be firing into a horde of monsters in a cramped corridor, and you'll keep hitting the front one even though you already killed it. You'll have to wait for it to disappear to kill the next one, so you'll lose ground waiting for it to disappear...
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AO wrote:
Do clients get any other message than just "disconnected" because of that error?

When this happens to me I have seen in the console something like this. I will get the exact text the next time it happens to me. That message will have scrolled in the console a number of times before the actual disconnect.

Disconnect packet while not connected

Hobbes
OmegaSephiroth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skutarth wrote:
There is a problem with the current monster death method that while they're still walking toward you, they don't clip in the way that you can walk through them, but it clips in such a way that weapons still hit them. This impacts gameplay, since you can be firing into a horde of monsters in a cramped corridor, and you'll keep hitting the front one even though you already killed it. You'll have to wait for it to disappear to kill the next one, so you'll lose ground waiting for it to disappear...

Yeah, but I like the effect of them slowly fading off if you use somthing like the Plasma Thrower, so if anything I think they should try to keep that effect, just fix that little bug.

Also, I thought of this last night but the reason that some maps could be so laggy when playing on line co op is because of the factor's that the map has to show everyone the things at the same time, so you can only go as fast as your slowest computer. Also it would make Hell a big old fasshion(sp?) pain in the arse.

Other Bugs are projectile graphics. Imps fireballs appear off as they throw them, and Revnate's missles are down right impossible to dodge because the misstles leap around the screen and you have no real clue where they are really headin for. ( Discovered this in the mass monster co op map where you consantly kill 3 "dogs" and a revnate ) Also the Flame thrower monster's range on its fireballs seems to be greater then the picture of the fireball and the commando's damned tentical attack seems to be off as well...then again it may be accounted to the lag my poor computer faced... guess i got to go down to the lowest setting to make sure. Anways, discovered thoses few things this morning.
OmegaSephiroth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AO wrote:

The server probaby keeps a buffer of size 65535 for each client. Data to be sent to client gets copied into that buffer until it is time to send a new snapshot to clients (more efficient than to send lots of very small packets all the time).

Because of the not so efficient network code there is a lot of things that are sent but shouldn't be sent. There's also a few very dangerous, still unknown things that happen in the game that just fills that buffer up so quick it overflows. One such example was the breakable glass which would send a piece of information to each client for every glass shard every frame! That = instant overflow.

If the buffer is full client is kicked and server prints a message client X reliable message overflow.

You should get overflow in certain places more often than others because of how the levels are built up, especially in the SP maps which weren't meant for MP. The machinegun/chaingun/plasmagun/shotguns aren't healthy either, they send a lot of messages. Guns will be fixed in next release.

Ah... so in a sence i was right about the map trying to show everyone the same thing at the same time, which basicaly is kinda what you said with less techincal mumbo jumbo ^^;. I mean after all the maps wherent ment to play co-op expect for the people out there that have an X box. So its only kinda natural that things would lag like sin because of that. The only prob would be how would you fix that? I mean... Hell would be just that, hell. Floating rocks, streams of fire, so on and so on.

or a noob with a rocket launcher.
Corrupt Chocula
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that insight AO. maybe in the sp levels this can be remedied by removing all breakable glass or somehting
hell map: is it the floating bricks and/or teh flying soul black things that cause a problem? maybe those black things can be replaced/removed, or modify the map so that it is a solid path there instead of floating blocks
Herr_Virus
LMS Fanatic

Location: My home is "Machuset" a store wich Mac computers there with internet connection

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i had found a bug
Its in Lms there if you spectate in the game and following the player
Then you cant see when the player is firing his weapon
Scorcer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: LMS mod doesnt either install right or doesnt work for me Reply with quote

Hello, im asking how to install this.Im pretty sure i installed it right, just that when i load doom 3, and i go to mods and enable the LMS mod.It show that picture and after that it blacks out, and after a phew seconds " usually 3-4 seconds" it crashed and i have to reload it and try again, but..it seem's to happen again and again.I dont know why, but it does it.Please respond to me and help me.

E-mail: codym215@sbcglobal.net

AOL name: Raynor559

Thank You!
Signed, Scorcer
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the error when crashing?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off - awesome mod - its a pity ID software didn't incorporate something like this in the actual game out of the box.

I'm new to the LMS standing mod, forgive me if I've repeated what's already written but these are the bugs I've experienced.

My system:
CPU: Intel P4 3.2GHz
RAM: 1000MB DDR400
VIDEO: nVidia 5700
Internet: 512K ADSL

Other Player's system:
CPU: Intel P4 3.0Ghz
RAM: 750MB DDR400
VIDEO: nVidia 5700
Internet: 1.5MB ADSL

Playing only two player LMS, we didn't bother about having a dedicated server, since my mates 'net connection is the quickest - he hosted.

We loaded up SP COOP and I found the following bugs:

Starting from the begining of the game.

1. Lag! Normal ping times between our two PCs run on average 65ms - ingame: 500-600ms
2. As a "client" - I couldn't reload my weapon
3. As a "client" - I couldn't use my flashlight
4. The game would wait for the "host" for game triggers - in-game characters/monsters would stand in a scare-crow position until the host would trigger them to talk/attack
5. Airlock problem (I know this has been mentioned) - I was stuck outside clicking on the airlock door to open - eventually died
6. As a "Client" - I could scroll through my weapons (ie. fist, pistol etc)
7. Lag! (again)
8. Video cut sceens where jumpy, as if the game had "overlapped" the video onto the game

Normal multiplayer online games (ie. normal Doom3 w/o LMS Mod) run perfect - no or very very little lag.

I hope this helps - I await impatiently for the next version! Awesome!
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post. Here are my answers.

Anonymous wrote:
2. As a "client" - I couldn't reload my weapon

Were you on the first map mars_city1? If so, the player is not supposed to have a weapon but when they spawn they sometimes have the pistol. I have been trying to not allow the player to have the pistol but for some reason on that map I am having problems.

Anonymous wrote:
3. As a "client" - I couldn't use my flashlight

This happens on the maps mars_city1, mc_underground (first time you spawn only), and hell1 (first time you spawn only). The reason is that on those maps you normally do not enter with the flashlight and therefore the game does not allow you to use it until you die and respawn.

Anonymous wrote:
4. The game would wait for the "host" for game triggers - in-game characters/monsters would stand in a scare-crow position until the host would trigger them to talk/attack

The in-game triggers will be triggered by either the host or client. If it is a listen server (which is what you guys used) the host will see the NPC's in their normal stance from the beginning. The client will see the T-pose until it is triggered to talk either by walking up to him or clicking to talk to him.

Anonymous wrote:
5. Airlock problem (I know this has been mentioned) - I was stuck outside clicking on the airlock door to open - eventually died

I am aware of this problem on mc_underground. The reason this happens is because that particular airlock "breaks" when the players return to exit the map. The main question would be why your buddy did not wait for you before closing the airlock on you. Cool Not sure if I changed this since the last release. I have been working on other stuff that I felt was more important but it may be changed for 1.0

Anonymous wrote:
6. As a "Client" - I could scroll through my weapons (ie. fist, pistol etc)

Not seeing a bug in this comment... Being able to scroll through your weapons is a good thing. Smile
Anonymous wrote:
7. Lag! (again)

Hmm, this is a tough one. We are making improvements but it is a long process.
Anonymous wrote:
8. Video cut sceens where jumpy, as if the game had "overlapped" the video onto the game

This happens because some cutscenes are actually made up of many small cutscenes and what happens is that the server and client may not be completely in sync which will allow the client to finish it's cutscence before the server which causes the screen to snap back to you holding your weaopn. Not sure we can do much about this one or if it would even be worth the time to try.

Hobbes
Cyclis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded and played SP Coop with my brother- had a lot of fun. We experienced little lag, but we were playing over LAN and have pretty good machines. I was running the SP Coop game at 1280x1024 with 2xAA and had no problems with FPS.

We did experience some bugs, some of them already listed here. Most annoying was the PDA bug that removed the player animations, but I see that's going to be fixed. Second most annoying bug was after the short sequence on the Mars surface, my brother's character wouldn't stop breathing like he was outside, even after we were well past that. Killing him didn't stop it. Also shooting NPCs just caused them to react oddly- freezing in place, or even continuing to talk.

What bugged me the most though was the disentegration of the monsters on death. I understand this is probably a tweak for performance purposes, but really we didn't need it. Is there any way to disable this feature?

Anyway, when we weren't having problems it really was a blast. Great work.
mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What bugged me the most though was the disentegration of the monsters on death. I understand this is probably a tweak for performance purposes, but really we didn't need it. Is there any way to disable this feature?

ragdolls and stuff causes lag ( because they must be kept sync with server ). I agree that it looks very stupid, but I rather sacrifice little visual complexity of the game, it won't lag so much. maybe lms team can make new effects instead of that disentegration :wink:

besides that dynamic stuff ( breakin glass, moveable barrels, dead bodies etc, etc,etc ) also requires more cpu power from the host for calculating physics thingies? right? Question

and thanks to skutarth about abivideo's covers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.35 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC