Official Beta 0.35 Bug Reporting Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.35 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Official Beta 0.35 Bug Reporting Thread Reply with quote

Please report bugs you find in this thread. We'll update the bugs as they are found (hopefully a little better than we did last release, whoops)

SP Coop Bugs:
- (Fixed) Plasmagun on Hell1 and Delta2b does not drop when the floor lowers.
- guardian did not appear correctly on a listen server. Kept rising up then disappearing in a loop.
- si_skill 3 causes strange graphics behavior, also it has caused problems wiht people joining the server PLEASE DO NOT USE si_skill 3 until we have it fixed
- (Fixed) Clients get disconnected from Delta1 when the holograms appear (Reliable messages overflow)
- Breathing sound continues to play after exiting airlock
- Monster models appear on screen before the monster is triggered.
- (Fixed) Cannot hear other players weapons fire
- (Fixed) Outside textures on monorail appear black
- (Fixed) Player cannot open the pda on mars_city1 after picking it up.
- (Fixed) Clients will lose their animation when they open their pda.
- (Fixed) Description of called vote is not displayed.
- On my server a player had reliable message overflow on the sp map admin. He said he was near the elevator at the beginning fighting with the pistol -calimer

LMS Mod Bugs:

- Lockdown reported that prog_hangar crashes his game when the cinema screen occurs. I watched on my server and saw people successfully make it to the next map, perhaps he timed out?
- db shotgun caused a reliable message overflow for a client on my server today, need to use the tweaks that were recommended to us

General Bugs:
- Mapcycle.scriptcfg in the pk4 has an error, please download the proper one here and put it in your lms_beta035 folder
- (Fixed) Sometimes when monsters teleport they become invisible (happens mainly with the wraiths)
- chunkmonkey reported a dial tone like noise in both sp coop and lms mod on my server. No other clients heard it though. Hopefully he will post about his complete audio settings

Last edited by Hobbes on Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:12 am; edited 18 times in total
gaillard

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: bug Reply with quote

i just loaded up a dedicated server of .35 and loaded alpha labs sector 1 and i noticed a bug that was also in .3..... so if you guys could tell me what this is i would really appreciate it. Right when you walk through the bay door starting out in alpha labs sector 1 there was a zombie in the far left corner (facing out of the bay door) is the pose position... you know with arms out to sides and such.. just standing there i guess ready to spawn.. but he was visible and i can repeat this everytime...

If you'd like a screen shot just email me at gaillard@vt.edu

Thanks for the help and awsome mod!!!!

Jonathan Gaillard
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a problem with how the animations currently are on clients. They sort of don't get initialized on clients unless you shoot it or get it to attack.

Along with the players models freezing after pda is used, this is one of the three most annoying bugs.
gaillard

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you guys working on this initiliazing problem and the pda problem?

Also what about the sound problem with hearing voices and hearing enemies guns and friends guns?

thanks for the info!!

Gaillard
Lockdown

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a bug in the Hangar Progression map that when the bomb goes off and the marine runs out, i get crashed out of doom3.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to be exact I hear the dial tone on only one of the LMS maps. On the ancient ruins map, I hear this continuous humming noise that resembles a phone's dial tone. I checked and it only happens on that map. My sound config is like this:

-Sound Card: Creative Audigy 2 ZS
-I have the Creative Doom 3 beta sound patch so I can use EAX 4.0
-My Doom 3 sound settings are: EAX 4.0 Enabled, Surround Sound enabled

If you need anymore information, let me know.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want I could record some video w/ sound using fraps and send them to you?
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't you say that it happened in SP coop maps too? Just checking, thanks for posting. Take care.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
Corrupt Chocula
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

today and yesterday i noticed that on delta labs 2 at the part wehre the trolly thing carries a glowing tube through a dark area, there is a plasma gun that respawns really high and is hard to get.
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plasma gun is what triggers the floor to lower but the gun itself does not lower. This was not seen when playing the SP campaign because the weapons did not respawn. This also occurs on the map hell1 when you grab the plasmagun and then you fall down the hole. I don't consider this a bug but I can make a change to remove the gun when it is picked up the first time or maybe bind it to the floor so that it will lower with the floor.

Hobbes
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the monster that teleports around the maps and walks on all fours has a bug.

sometimes the monster is invisible and you cant see it or all you see is the vaporization effect on his limbs. this bug was also in 0.3.

more to come when i see em..
3RROR
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bug on the very first level infact 3 of them i think

1. the crazy bridge that flips down, you can only see half of the bridge and when you walk along it it goes all messed up so u have to keep jumping very gay

2. if you go in one of the air chambers outside and leave your mates they cant get bakc in for sum reason so they have to kill them selves

3. outside where all the people work with the craines and darn the bridge caves in you gotta jump up to get up the stairs. the only thing is you cant see the dam bridge collapsed its just a dam black space lol

sound is messed up badly if your own your own u can hear sum people when there loads of people in the server you cant hear anyone in the game talk or talk back to them its just silent talking so its anoying. you cant hear zombies being shot or reli any of the cool sounds that you would like to hear

i find having nothink but the crap pistol and shotgun everytime i get into a map i think a better idea would be keep that but on every map you get all other weps but no ammo for them at all, so you just have to find the ammo for the good guns, this would also save people beggin the admin person for the guns like BFG, PLASMA and i think this would be a great idea. no one wants to wait til delta or alpha ot get tere hands on a plasma when you already got but you just gotta find ammo for the gun. so ye i think this a good idea to use and it works out the same as in single player anyway.

the skills levels are silly they cuase lag and i know they do. its 2 hard to kill the hardest settings and its just 2 long to kill them so it lags up bad as it takes ages to kill them. so what if you can kill them easy with good weps aslong as the lag is reduced no one will care, there plenty of aliens anyway!!.

5. you can see people vote its just blank...

6. delta lab portals do not work, only works for the 1st person.

7. lag on hell is crazt u cant even play it

8. making the lms mod use the roe net code will help the lag alot, but more can be done to improve

9. the reliable messages info and the radom kicks you get.

maby it would be good if you get another great coder to help out in one specific area ie. the netcode as theres only ao and the other person u need one more to help out do the major coding and it would speed up releases which is what all of us LMS mod supporters want!.

3RROR the invisable man Twisted Evil
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3RROR,

My responses are in orange.

Hobbes

1. the crazy bridge that flips down, you can only see half of the bridge and when you walk along it it goes all messed up so u have to keep jumping very gay
Map mc_underground - Not sure what causes that but I have seen it.

2. if you go in one of the air chambers outside and leave your mates they cant get bakc in for sum reason so they have to kill them selves
Map mc_underground - The map is designed to "break" the airlock when the player passes back through heading to the exit. I do move the spawn inside of the airlock so anyone that did not make it through can get to where the other players are. Not a very good solution but it works. I may add a trigger to teleport the player after the airlock is broken so that any player left outside will make it in more gracefully.

3. outside where all the people work with the craines and darn the bridge caves in you gotta jump up to get up the stairs. the only thing is you cant see the dam bridge collapsed its just a dam black space lol
Not sure where you are talking about.

sound is messed up badly if your own your own u can hear sum people when there loads of people in the server you cant hear anyone in the game talk or talk back to them its just silent talking so its anoying. you cant hear zombies being shot or reli any of the cool sounds that you would like to hear

i find having nothink but the crap pistol and shotgun everytime i get into a map i think a better idea would be keep that but on every map you get all other weps but no ammo for them at all, so you just have to find the ammo for the good guns, this would also save people beggin the admin person for the guns like BFG, PLASMA and i think this would be a great idea. no one wants to wait til delta or alpha ot get tere hands on a plasma when you already got but you just gotta find ammo for the gun. so ye i think this a good idea to use and it works out the same as in single player anyway.
Depending on the map I give the player some weapons when they spawn. I do not give the player all weapons because in my opinion that would take away from the game being coop.

the skills levels are silly they cuase lag and i know they do. its 2 hard to kill the hardest settings and its just 2 long to kill them so it lags up bad as it takes ages to kill them. so what if you can kill them easy with good weps aslong as the lag is reduced no one will care, there plenty of aliens anyway!!.

5. you can see people vote its just blank...
I am currently working on this. The HUD for SP Coop did not have any provisions for voting.

Map Delta3 - I have seen this problem too. I believe it is caused by the players all trying to use the teleporter at the same time. The guis were not designed to be used by more than one player. If the players take turns selecting the teleport destination and then teleporting, I believe it will work properly. I will try to look at this for the next release but not sure if I will have time.

7. lag on hell is crazt u cant even play it
Out of all the SP maps this one lags the worst. If you can get past the floating rock bridge the lag does improve. The problem appears the worst in the room where the hellknight first appears until after the rock bridge.

8. making the lms mod use the roe net code will help the lag alot, but more can be done to improve

9. the reliable messages info and the radom kicks you get.

maby it would be good if you get another great coder to help out in one specific area ie. the netcode as theres only ao and the other person u need one more to help out do the major coding and it would speed up releases which is what all of us LMS mod supporters want!.
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROE netcode...

Hmm, aren't the netcode improvements part of the 1.3 patch?
Corrupt Chocula
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Map Delta3 - I have seen this problem too. I believe it is caused by the players all trying to use the teleporter at the same time. The guis were not designed to be used by more than one player. If the players take turns selecting the teleport destination and then teleporting, I believe it will work properly. I will try to look at this for the next release but not sure if I will have time.

i have played this part on a server with 2 other people. i was able to teleport after someone else selected a pad. i was kinda surprised because i thought this was still a bug (where the same person who selects msut teleport) but apparently it isnt.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.35 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC