Overheating Weapon ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.3 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Overheating Weapon ? Reply with quote

Not sure if this is planned or a bug, but I used the minigun during a LMS map (one of the KF ones, not sure), and every so often the minigun would beep (like when it's almost out of ammo) and then stop. After about 5 seconds I was able to shoot again.
Any ideas ?!
Agent Spork
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a feature BEERMan (?) added to try and make the Chaingun a bit less overpowered, so, no. It's not a bug.
pookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: chaingun Reply with quote

I don't mind the over heating but the chaingun should be more powerful. And also the DB shotty is more powerful then the rocket launcher. Just kinda keeping things in perspective here. how about a higher armor limit ??? something to think about
Acid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agent Spork wrote:
This is a feature BEERMan (?) added to try and make the Chaingun a bit less overpowered, so, no. It's not a bug.

Ah, thanks Smile
Corrupt Chocula
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you guys are having trouble balancing the weapons in LMS, look at the weapons and damage for doom 2. most of them are the same and that game was pretty well balanced (in my opinion). seriously, why on earth (or how the hell Razz ) does an imp take mroe than one rocket before it dies? thats just not right Mad
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We gave the imps steroids Razz

Balancing the weapons is a continuing process. Don't worry, we're working on it.
iten
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We want all the input you can possibly give on balancing and gameplay issues. You'll help make this the best mod ever.
Wolf~72

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still think the old weapons should be left just as they were
they are already balanced and tweeked to be stong but not to strong (ie the chain gun, with 30clip promotes team work)

but you guys do have good ideas , like the plasma thrower

make it a new gun instead of replaceing the plasmagun
even if u just leave the model the same and make it a differnt skin (ie red plasma instead of blue, perhaps green the metal slightly.. easy)
then put the overheat code onto the plasma thrower
then you can make it so it has no reload at all , just spends ammo
but it over heats everynow and then, thus balanced
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea.
Corrupt Chocula
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf~72 wrote:

then put the overheat code onto the plasma thrower
then you can make it so it has no reload at all , just spends ammo
but it over heats everynow and then, thus balanced

i dont like the idea of mixing lms and doom weapons, but that is nice idea with plasmathrower (except that flamethrowers dont overheat or else they'd explode or something). it would be like pouring the plasma canisters into one big one or something, maybe have that as ammo instead o little cans--and make reload take 10 seconds or somehting. heck maybe a whole new model can be made that looks like a plasma thrower
then again, the plasma gun as it is is pretty balanced. i personally think it should be a little mroe powerful (and it should melt the legs of the pinky Very Happy ) or modify damage so that after getting hit by plasma, you burn for a few seconds. sure would be cool to see a flaming hellknight Surprised
Wolf~72

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off its plasma not a flame thrower

secondly , flame throwers cannot be fired non-stop with out getting hot
its a natural event due to the whole concept of Fire

thats why i suggest a plasma thrower that just uses 1 huge clip and dosent have to reload , but will get a tad hot every now and then because it is spewing superheated plasma out for sustained periods

id also make the cool down time , much quicker than the current chain gun cool down, also a little bar on the hud that showed how hot the gun was ,and also the progress of the cool down would take it along way too

the only weapon i would actualy replace completely from the orignal set would be the pistol , its pretty lame
id make it more like the avp2 pistol , chunk as all hell , a joy to fire
decent fire rate , bout 12in clip, and good damage
or
another good pistol is the one from HL1-mod- natural selection
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
first off its plasma not a flame thrower

why does everyone keep telling me that? same thing for all i care

Quote:
secondly , flame throwers cannot be fired non-stop with out getting hot its a natural event due to the whole concept of Fire

when a flametrhwoer "overheats," it would not disable the gun from firing, unlike the barrel of a gun overheating and distorting the barrel. althoguh i suppose in some cases it could be dangerous

Quote:
the only weapon i would actualy replace completely from the orignal set would be the pistol , its pretty lame

i completely agree! i wish the pistol was more of a magnum-powered type that could blow back plain zombies

chaingun seems to have a problem with the overheating--when it does, not only can you not shoot but you also cant change weapons. if this was intended, i think it should be taken out
Wolf~72

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if any weapon should not over head it should be the chain gun

i mean honestly , thats why they were invented
their multi barrel design allowed for the gun to fired contiously because the barrel in use would heat up and then via the spinning action would be cool by the time it reached the bottom of the weapon , then was ready to fire again at the top of the weapon
this ment the weapon was completly self sufficent and only needed ammo to continue function

unlike other machine guns during the time of early chain guns
they had water cooled barrels and / or changeable barrels that had to be swaped over or refilled when the weapon overheated , weight was also a extream issue with these weapons

as to flamers
yes they dont overheat in the same way a rifle does
however , its much worse with a flamer
if your barrel overheats and distorts it will interupt the way the propelant is ejected and its velocity , it wont stop it
due to the speed of igniting flame this can lead to fire heading back up the barrel and into the propelant storage tanks
sorta like what happens when u use a spray can as a flamer and keep it going , the spray isnt fast enough to beat the fire and eventualy it will go back into the can a blow up
(trust me , i went to school with a guy who did this to him self , his face looked worse than the agent dude on xXx )

Quote:
why does everyone keep telling me that? same thing for all i care

ingited plasma is insainly hotter than regular fire
id say thats why ppl keeps telling you they are different
the only way plasma is the same as fire is its able to incinerate things
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chaingun is definitely going to be fixed for the next release. I was thinking along the same lines that chainguns generally do not overheat, hmm. I think that the chaingun was fine in 0.2, especially now that the db has a faster reload time. What needs to be changed is just the rocket launcher needs to be increased in power a bit, and also the plasmathrower seems a little too weak in my opinion in 0.3, but maybe that is just me. The machine gun would be great if we could add a grenade launcher to the bottom of it or maybe a mini rocket launcher. What do you guys think? I am very interested to know. Take care.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually even chaingun will overheat if you shoot too much ( and eventually it will jamm ). I think that every weapon should have REAL pros & cons and in 0.2b chaingun was actually "you-just-need-this-weapon"-tagged. Really, every time when I hosted coop servers everybody was just using that weapon...
It was accurate, it had fast ROF, high damage, etc etc

But that overheating should be problem after shooting 150 rounds and temp jamm after 200 rounds. what do you think Confused . or probably it's accuracy should decrease when firing looooong bursts Mad

what really pisses me off is that everytime when somebody is surrounded by demons and I think "darn, I have to help that guy" Cool, *chaingun spin-up sound* then after 5 sec every demon is down Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes . and I had shot something like 3 times with shotgun Twisted Evil

and thanks to skutarth about abivideo's covers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.3 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC