Official Beta 0.3 Bug Reporting Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.3 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bots are attacking you because you are on the blue team. Change to the red team by typing "ui_team red" in the console.

The only time you will not see your fists is on mc_underground. It will only happen when you first spawn on the map. I am working on this problem. Also on mc_underground there is the problem with the elevator doors closing on the players when they spawn. This has been fixed for the next release.

The items on the map respawn approximately every 20 seconds. When one player picks up the pda, just wait 20 seconds for it to respawn. There are no plans to change how quickly they respawn.

Sorry to hear that you stopped playing for these issues. They are minor and will not stop you from completing the maps. If you want a flawless coop Doom3 you will be in for a long wait. We are adding coop to a game that the manufacturer did not want to. It is a long process and takes many hours of coding and testing to make it work.

Hobbes

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes: Thank you for answering my post and I appreciate you mentionning the details on the bugs. I will be waiting for the next release to give it a try. Great job on your team's achievements so far. Smile
gaillard

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havn't read this whole post but you know the players not walking thing and only sliding only happens when a player takes out his pda right?
NightWolf

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They know about that I believe
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we are aware of the problem. Basically when the pda screens comes up it will freeze some of your animation that the other players see (leg movement, turning, crouching, etc.). It does not affect you in anyway, only what the other players see.

Hobbes

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the next release will you guys be fixing the thing where the monsters and zombies just stand there in the pose position with there arms out and such until someone shoots them?

will you also by next release fix the walking thing?

by next release what about the sound from enemies? such as not hearing guns from the soldiers at all or the people who talk to you talk?

plus the gun diappearing.

also when a boss dies or something they arn't visible but the model is still there and you can't walk through it...

i am just wondering if those things will be covered by next release?

they are really trivial thing that the code can't be to tuff for but i think they are the biggest negative things to atmosphere that you could do.. which is what this gamesall about.

by the way really nice mod.. playing with others and seeing there flashlights is the coolest thing i have ever seen in any day (apart from seeiing the monster with that video screen for a mouth walk through dynamic light ooohhh awsome)

thanks for the info!!!
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The monsters and zombies don't just stand there until you shoot them. This is not a bug with the mod, but something on your end.

Try setting "ui_team" to "red" in the console.
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree guest, those are pretty much the major issues, very likely they won't be fixed for next release.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my systems are so stream lines in terms of configuration that there couldnt be anything wrong Razz all i have on the server pc een installed is just d3... i just tried to get it to happen again but it didn't so this is not a completely reproducable thing but everyone playing on my server yesterday saw it just as i did when i aksed them.... we all have ui_team to red to. li forgot which level its at but i remember like when that somby is standing over the other zombie eating him... well they weren't doing it they were both just standing there with there arms out stretched until we shot them and then they went crouched eating in an instant and then started coming at us.. its almost like they weren't put into the world until then or weren't intialized.. but i promise it happens to others as i've asked and tried it with two different servers. most of the time when i see it, it is a monstor standing at a location that hasn't been "triggered" yet and he shouldnt be visible... but he is and with his arms streched out.

hope i can be of some help

great mod guys
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to know the map and area (spawner preferrably) this happened.
gaillard

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way those two guest post are me.. forgot to log in..

well like i said theres only one spot in the game where that one guy is literally eating out of the bigger zombie (one with the belly)...

theres also a spot in he game where your crouched through one of the many tunnls you have to go through (i think this is alpha labs 2 or something close) and you wadle over a see through vent in the floor while doing the crouch thing and see i think its the pinkie eating something and then you walk on my.. but once again they werent..

sorry this was the other day.. but ill be playing through some maps tonight with someone in sp coop and ill write down the spots i see this

tschau!
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaillard wrote:
well like i said theres only one spot in the game where that one guy is literally eating out of the bigger zombie (one with the belly)...

This is Alphalabs2 right after you climb the ladder in the men's room and are going through the vent.

Hobbes
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive noticed several bugs with the sp coop but its still fun as hell to play....
thank you lms team

in hell theres some bad lag and the gaurdians seekers dont work correctly
they spawned 1 time we killed them then we were stuck as they didnt spawn for next wave
the gaurdian also has a issue with the cinematic leaving a duplicate inactive gaudian

certain doors dont always open even you put in the correct door code

on door code entry you have to tap very lighty on the fire key or it spams the numper you hit more than once... it needs a delay between digits

ill post more of my findings when more come to mind
DemonBane

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: In reply to Wizard. Reply with quote

Regarding Hell, I recall trying to set up a listen server running it once and it lagged horribly even though no one else was on. But, when I was on another server (which was dedicated) it ran much better even with a few people on. So, it seems, such factors such as that can modify performance quite a bit and plus, Hell is simply a graphically intensive level.

Regarding the seekers, they are spawning, but they appear invisible to everyone... this is a bug, hopefully it will be fixed soon. Smile Until then, you can type 'reconnect' in the console (CTRL-ALT-~ opens console by default) while seekers appear invisible. Upon reconnect, which is usually very brief when you're not switching to a new map, you should see the seekers. Rinse and repeat as needed until the Guardian is defeated. Thanks goes to Hobbes for giving me the solution to this.

And, yes, I've also noticed some door/locker keypad issues, but I usually eventually manage to get it to accept the code.

Good luck and have fun.
gaillard

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks hobbes for finding the location
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.3 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC