Help with servers.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knube

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Help with servers. Reply with quote

Well guys, after playing around forever with getting our server going, I am now offering help to people who would like help getting the server going. Before people start asking questions about server.cfg, .bat files and the such, here is a .zip file with all you need to have for a decent running server. Also included our mapcycle (the maps that are decent to play on and don't kill peoples computers TOO much.)

ftp://216.160.39.129

You will need to login to be able to get the zip file, login is as follows.

User: lms
Password: knube

If you read the readme file and do exactly what it says, you'll have a server up in no time flat! Post any and all questions here and I'll try to respond to them (or any of the other helpful people around) as fast as I (or we) can.

Hopefully, the file and I can be of some assistance in getting more people to open up some dedicated servers.

Also please come visit Computers By JFC LMS Server at: 216.160.39.129:27666

Big Target and I hope to see you all there!

-Knube
Also, support www.computersbyjfc.com by registering an account there and chatting with us on our forums!
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thanks Knube for putting in the time and effort to do this! It is extremely appreciated, thank you so much! If you don't mind, I think I'll add this to the FAQ with the link to that file on your server, what do you think? Take care.
-calimer
Knube

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: no prob Reply with quote

Go right ahead. Big Target has no problem with it (it is his bandwidth, I'm just a lowly worker.) =)

Good luck all in getting more servers up. Again, if you have questions please post!
Also, support www.computersbyjfc.com by registering an account there and chatting with us on our forums!
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to mention that this current setup is for a dedicated server. To make a listen server, just open up the bat with a txt editor like notepad, and make doomded.exe, doom3.exe. For setting up a linux version check here and/or if you want to see my current server.cfg look 6 posts down on that link.
http://lms.d3files.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=450
Knube

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: not a good thing Reply with quote

Well guys, hate to say it, but someone tried compromising our FTP server to dump a file on. BigTarget did not like this one bit. So I'm coming here to give a little info on what will happen if it happens again.

I will be removing the FTP server all together if someone tries to compromise the system again. Which means no .zip file for anyone who wants to run a server. I apologize but we figured noone in the community would attempt to do such a thing. However, this is not the case.

So please, let's be a bit more mature about our actions. We are doing this for the benefit of the mod. Please don't try to compromise what we are trying to do by screwing with the system.

-Knube, frustated.
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you ever update that file? Perhaps we could just host it, I definitely do not want you guys to have a compromised system. Take care.
-calimer
Knube

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: ftp server is down Reply with quote

We have taken off the FTP server. Sorry guys.

Calimer, you already have the file I hope. =)

Last I heard everyone, Calimer was going to take the file off our hands anyway and ftp it from his site. I guess we will see what happens. For now (until Calimer decides to do this) you can just post in this thread with a valid email address and I will send you a copy of the .zip file.

Sorry all you legit players out there, and whoever was trying to mess with the server, hope we find you and lynch you.

-Knube

P.S. No movieupload was not a valid login, but nice try though. Should have tried, imanass with password banme!
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, some people can be idiots. You were nice enough to put it up for everyone and then some have to abuse it. Sad

Hobbes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC