Bug reports
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nocturn
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Bug reports Reply with quote

Well first off great work on the mod guys, I played a couple games with beerman and the mod is truely great, but there are afew bugs.

When I first loaded Omega and Hanger, before anyone joined I could go through the game and the monsters wouldn't recognize me untill I shot at them, also, the death animations seem to not exists, which leads to floating zombie heads, and dieing imps still shooting their plasma with only their feet left. Also, Im not sure if thise was noticed yet, but the chaingun ammo display is to short to show its full content. Ie. if you have say 300 rounds loaded and 400 rounds stored, it will only show 40 stored, not a big deal though.

Those are all I have discovered so far, but great work on the mod.
Acid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The monsters not noticing you until you shoot them is a common problem. Other mod developers had the same problem. So yea :p
I think one of them actually solved that problem, but I'm not quite sure who it was and how he did it.
Geust

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: I have no idea... Reply with quote

Ok, I really want to play this mod and ive downloaded the windows version and used the in-built installer.NOW, whenevr I try to load the mod it just crashes. I can play doom 3 and other mods just not LMS for some reason please explain why its not working and how to fix it PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEE. Sad
BurN
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geust, do you have the latest doom 3 update installed?
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a problem with the new installer where it installs it to the same directory that Beta 0.1 was in. Delete or rename the beta 0.1 folder and then install Beta 0.2 Take care.
-calimer
Nocturn
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also found a map error, on loading dock, the door that the hell knight nocks down tends to animate falling but remain standing up...
Sgt.Commander Neurosphere
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great men! this is "THE" Doom3 Mod!
Everything is great and the gameplay factor has grown a lot.
I noticed the bug of the animations,and it also seems that the monsters continue shooting for a while once killed.
Anyway i think that is much more user friendly now since it doesn't lag so much.
Great!

Cya.
Geust

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: K I tried that... Reply with quote

OK, ive trued what you all have suggested. BUT it still doesnt work. NOW, the doom 3 multiplayer will say wuold you like to dl version 1.1 and I have but the game doesnt recognize its installed. Confused And then I deleted the 1st beta files and reinstalled it. I still dont get what im doing wrong??
Michael65

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Bug reports Reply with quote

Nocturn wrote:
Well first off great work on the mod guys, I played a couple games with beerman and the mod is truely great, but there are afew bugs.

the death animations seem to not exists, which leads to floating zombie heads, and dieing imps still shooting their plasma with only their feet left. Also, Im not sure if thise was noticed yet
Those are all I have discovered so far, but great work on the mod.

i talked to the dev. team about this, and they said that they made it like that in order to reduce the lag and make it smoother.
BEERman
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturn wrote:
Also found a map error, on loading dock, the door that the hell knight nocks down tends to animate falling but remain standing up...

Ya tha bug irks me.. That pair of doors is just 3-pairs of doors, that get shown/hidden in order, and removed after they're used. For some "remove" doesn't work right in MP, i get a "netsync" error

Player Spawns don't progress properly either but that's my fault. Minor bug I forgot to fix in the rush to get this map done for Beta2
mmx87

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...I'm running the linux version of the mod, and whenever I try to start doom3 with lms, the game crashes and I get this error:

ERROR: Error: file lms020.pk4/script/doom_events.script, line 241: Unknown event 'numberofClients'

I can comment out that function in that script, but I'm not sure what functionality that disables when I do that.

Here is a log file if you need it: http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/r/mrytlep/lms.log
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I am running the linux version of doom3 too since I don't have a windows Hd. Make sure you did not install over you Beta 0.1 directory, that will cause problems. Also try deleting .lms folder in .doom3 I had to do that before it would work properly. Take care and good luck.
-calimer
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmx87 wrote:
Hmm...I'm running the linux version of the mod, and whenever I try to start doom3 with lms, the game crashes and I get this error:

ERROR: Error: file lms020.pk4/script/doom_events.script, line 241: Unknown event 'numberofClients'

I can comment out that function in that script, but I'm not sure what functionality that disables when I do that.

Here is a log file if you need it: http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/r/mrytlep/lms.log

Are you sure your file permissions are set right for the doom 3folder and it's subfolders?

numberofclients() is in the lms gamex86.so so i'm pretty sure you're starting up the mod with the gamex86.so in your base folder (original file) and not our custom gamex86.
mmx87

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Permissions should be ok....

I removed the lms mod folder and ~/.doom3/lms folder.

I unzipped lms again and tried to run again....same error.

So, I tried extracting the gamex86.so and binary.conf from the pak file...same error. Tried taking the "0" entry from binary.conf, same error. Then I injected the gamex86.so and binary.conf into the lms020.pk4, that did work.

Although, now that my pak files are modified, I cannot join a lms net server. Also, to make lan play work, you have to set net_LanServer 0 on both the server -and- the client for it to work.

Other than the lag during network play, the game is ok.

-Brad
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, it seems that we're gonna need to work on these installation issues. Some can install it easily and other times it takes a whole lot of tweaking...hmmm.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC