3rd person view?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> 2.0 Official Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPTinsano

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: 3rd person view? Reply with quote

Ok so i go and join some guys game he is hosting, it was a non dedicated game i think and right when i enter the game i was in a 3rd person view! so i stand there a sec looking around and then it just changed back to the normal 1st person view.

I said to myself ok that was strange and started to play when it switched back again( theres no cross hairs or anything) but i was getting bad lag from the host so i had to leave.

Now i go and start my own server, enter the game and im still in a 3rd person view but u cant aim for darn and it just don't feel right so now i wondering how the heck this is happening and restart lms, i restart and all is back to normal and has not done it again.

Bug?
bomber4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a cheat,turn it off with pm_thirdperson 0

or just close and open lms
The Master
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you in this server a few days ago? And was the server playing LMS Mod maps? If so, that must have been my server you were playing in. I was fooling around with third person and was trying to beat some LMS Mod maps with it. I do remember you in my server at one time. I am not sure about that lag you are talking about. Most people that join my server average about 100-130 ping.

THE LMS MOD IS THE BEST MOD FOR DOOM 3!!

See? Told you it was a great Signature.
CAPTinsano

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No master this happend a few min before i did this post and i have never used the cheat before,didnt even know about it.
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thirdperson is entirely set on the server. If the person running the server types in "pm_thirdperson 1" into their console, all of the client's views will be in 3rd person. It does not require cheats to be enabled in order to do this. If you start a server and you are in 3rd person, just open the console and type in "pm_thirdperson 0". I don't like 3rd person, it is too hard to tell what you are aiming at or where your cursor is on the guis. I only use it occasionally to check what skin I am actually using.

Hobbes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> 2.0 Official Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: