Awesome mod!! Thanks a lot!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> 2.0 Official Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackMan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Awesome mod!! Thanks a lot! Reply with quote

Well, the other night my friends and I decided to play doom 3 over the lan they're on (I brought my laptop over too) so there were three of us with doom installed, but when we came to the LAN of doom itself we were really let down to say the least lol. Then I found out about LMS, and downloaded it onto my laptop to test it, and it worked! I shared the installer file over the network and we all installed it, ran it, joined up in LAN, and it just worked flawlessly. I was amazed! You guys did a GREAT job in keeping it scary! (Even though there were three of us fending them off lol) I just wanted to post this as a "thanks for making the best game better". I was so pissed when I found doom 3 didn't support co-op on its own. Ohhwell, you guys got right to it. On all three of the computers, we didn't come up with one single error or problem. Also, over the lan connection the game played just as smooth as single player. Thus, this is better than doom itself. thanks!

-JackMan
(and the other two mystery friends lol)
The Master
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very glad that you are enjoying the mod! And I know that I am speaking for all of the other team members/beta testers as well. You will be happy to hear that version 3.0 is close to completion and release, and it is so much better than 2.0. This is mainly because of the mod "Classic Doom 3" being added for coop with support for all nine maps!

And I do agree with you that the normal Doom 3 multiplayer was bleh. So laggy, and the levels were horrible.

THE LMS MOD IS THE BEST MOD FOR DOOM 3!!

See? Told you it was a great Signature.
mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So laggy, and the levels were horrible.
indeed they were, probably worse than maps that were made mercykiller Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
nah just kidding. great if you like it Very Happy

and thanks to skutarth about abivideo's covers

The Master
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the Doom 3 multiplayer maps are much better than Mercykiller's maps. And to top that, Calimer's maps are worse than Mercykiller's maps.

Kidding. < Not really.

Kidding again ^

JackMan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I only recently found out about LMS.. and I thought this couldn't be beat. On our systems it just ran flawlessly. I was just amazed how it installed and then worked (computer stuff rarely works this way it seems for us without some kind of hassel! lol). And to find out there is a 3.0 comming out? holy **** batman, you can count us down for that. To top it off, my other friends were just running it on LAN off my CD key and we couldn't do multiplayer, and we emailed ID to let them know we bought two more copy's of doom3 because of this mod so we can play SP CO-OP on the internet! haha. Again, thanks so much for this mod. I cannot wait for verson 3.0. I'm sure my goofy friends can't either!!!!!!

- JackMan
The Master
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackMan wrote:
And to find out there is a 3.0 comming out? holy **** batman, you can count us down for that.

That made me laugh, haha. You can expect 3.0 within a week at the most, if not a few days. Although do not hold me to this, as there are no official dates yet. You never know when that one major bug could show up that will delay the release to fix.

JackMan wrote:
To top it off, my other friends were just running it on LAN off my CD key and we couldn't do multiplayer, and we emailed ID to let them know we bought two more copy's of doom3 because of this mod so we can play SP CO-OP on the internet!

We have wondered many times how many people bought Doom 3 just to play LMS. I myself bought an extra copy for my father so we could play coop. If you ask me, I think id software should pay us at least a couple thousand due to all of the business we have gave them, haha.

rooster nut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no really man I wouldnt have gotten Doom3 and ressurection if it wasnt for you guys Very Happy
Herr_Virus
LMS Fanatic

Location: My home is "Machuset" a store wich Mac computers there with internet connection

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Doom3 on Pc because i wanted to play Addons or more Mods.
But all the mods sucked and in that time there was only Weaponmod,Gpx tweak and all other sh*ts

So i regret that i bought D3 on Pc because D3 lagged so much, and i was thinking of selling D3 and buy Doom 3 on Xbox.

But it was then I saw the Lms 0.35 with the Mapcycle update on the D3files file of the Week,
My first thougt

"What is Last Man Standing? There is already a game mode called Last Man Standing in doom 3, And the other thing is, I WONT DOWNLOAD IT BECAUSE MP MODS SUCKS" and i just said "I HATE LAST MAN STANDING COOP" Razz (not a very attractive name)

But then the day after i downloaded Lms 0.35 for no reason at all Razz
Just to fill up the last 8 Gb of my 120 Gb harddrive.
And i began to play it (on local game)for the very first time on the very first map i played,
Prog_Hangar and it was then i said

"This was the best mod i even played!"
And i still like Lms

End of story Razz
"Unfortanly noone can be told if Lms rocks, You had to download it and see it for yourself" (Stolen from Matrix)

'There is no God, The only god that exist is the godcheat'

http://www.lmsmd.moddb.com/
acarhitme

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Beta tester Reply with quote

How could I become a beta tester for the Classic Doom coop?

Thanks!

John
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to demonstrate dedication by reporting bugs consistently and in an organized fashion. Asking "omg I wnat 2 tests for teh lms l0lz" will _not_ get you a spot as a tester.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> 2.0 Official Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: