Suggestion for Doom 3 coop maps

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> 2.0 Official Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dnamro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Suggestion for Doom 3 coop maps Reply with quote

First of all, Thanks to the Dev team for saving the game. When I first played Doom 3 I was really dissapointed. All the email and audio logs really slowed down the gameplay pace. I was thinking this is too slow to to be DOOM 3. It plays like a half life game. But your LMS maps are a blast offline or coop - an unending fragfest against the monsters! This is what I expected from Doom 3 to begin with.

The issue with coop on the Doom 3 maps is the same with other coop games like Quake - there is no save feature in coop, so you have to start from an early level or you won't have the weapons you need to fight against the big monsters. There needs to be a weapon locker with appropriate weapons and ammo at the start of each level.
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On each map the player is given different combinations of weapons. The early maps you will only get the pistol but on later maps you will get more. On Site 3 you get everything from the pistol to the plasmagun. While on each level you may get different weapons depending on how far you are on the map. As an example on CPU you will first spawn with just the pistol and grenades (Shotgun and RL are in the first room) but after you progress and die, you will spawn with the shotgun, machinegun, and chaingun.

In the next release the weapons should stay with you when you advance through the levels. But if you die you will be left with just the default weapons for that particular spawn point.

Hobbes
Vertical_Zer0
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great Hobbes Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> 2.0 Official Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: