Client joining problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> 2.0 Official Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Client joining problems Reply with quote

Some people know that every once in a while I open a Spawn Training server. However, this server and the Divine Count Server seem to only let some people play, regardless of Punkbuster. Clients get to the point of "authed", but never complete the process. My server doesn't tell me anything of what the problem may be. What could possibly be the problem?
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen your server up but I don't know if I have tried to join. Next time I see it I will attempt to connect to it and see what happens.

Hobbes
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried to connect to the server named "Divine Count Server" and I got a message that I was missing some files required by the server. You must have extra pk4 files in either your "base" or "lms2" folders. Check out the FAQ for the list of files needed and the proper checksums.

Hobbes
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: k Reply with quote

K. Thanks Hobbes. Oh, and about your server. Sometimes it will say to me "Data not in sync with server." I'm not sure if this is a similar problem, but it goes on and off.
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Data not in sync messages will occur if your files and the server files do not match. This can happen if you have extra pk4 files or if you have a folder named "def" in your base or lms2 folder. Since the files on my server don't change and other players can join it (including yourself) I am thinking that maybe it is something to do with your Doom3 folder. If you install any mods on your computer make sure that they have their own folder. Never install mods in the base folder. That is one of the main reasons for these messages. Sad thing is that many people that make mods tell you to put the files in your base folder. That is the quickest way to make other mods stop working. Hope this helps.

Hobbes
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Attempt Reply with quote

Gotcha. I'll give this stuff a shot and run both of my servers. I'll get to you later. =)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> 2.0 Official Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: