Hell - and server bandwidth

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> 2.0 Official Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vysander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Hell - and server bandwidth Reply with quote

I was wondering if anything can be done to reduce sending so much information in Hell? With 4 players it's hitting 50-60 kb/s when another typical map like Delta Labs 1 is only 25-30.

have no suggestions whatsoever but especially around the Guardian in hell, players on my server are just hamstringed by lag.
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made some changes to the map around the floating rock bridge (another area of extreme lag on the map) and it has helped but I have not looked at the map near the guardian yet.

Hobbes
Vysander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additionally the Security Chief Door (the map where you have to get the plasma conduit fix the transporter, somewhere in Delta), with the code 931 has jammed at least once for me and I was the only one hitting the pad (way ahead of everyone else).

Pad would turn green and say unlocked but door wouldn't open.
rooster nut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish u guys will take alot of details off this game cuz its relly too much details for online multiplayer
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what details you would want to remove. We tried to keep the gameplay close to the single player campaign.

Hobbes
rooster nut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIKE THE IMP it relly relly has too much graphics on the imp.im fine and all when im fighting other things but the imp with the fire ball to light up all his body so u can see all the details on him u go relly slow
Vertical_Zer0
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the goal is to remove details, nor should it be. We need to figure out what the most 'lag'-inducing component of the server-client chain is.

Is the actual server hardware maxed out (check CPU/RAM usage and logs) or is the connection maxed out (check your max. upload speed at www.dslreports.com/stest)?
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The map Hell1 does have more lag than most of the other maps but it is mostly localized around the floating rock bridge. We have made some changes to the map to reduce the amount of information that needs to be rendered in that area and I believe it has helped. The new version of the map will be part of LMS 3.0.

As for the network traffic between the server and client:
AO added in some debug code for us to use to determine what is causing excessive network traffic. When coop was first added the network traffic increased greatly because now there were more entities that needed to be synched on the clients. Over the past 8-10 months that traffic has been reduced. He has also made some changes to the AI coding to reduce the traffic even further. It is much better now than in previous release when "Reliable Messages Overflow" errors would occur. Those rarely happen anymore.

Hobbes
mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed sir hobbes, I haven't actually seen any RMO-messages ever since 1.0 Cool . and if you complain about data being send too much just check those old betas it was so mega Żber laggy that... omg I mean I could barely host server with 3 people and even then they were shouting "laglaglaglaglaglag!" and that wasn't "geo-lag", I think part of it was somehow that bad ass cpu-lag Confused but I think that mod runs very well now. even c.c has to agree (joking of course) Wink

and thanks to skutarth about abivideo's covers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> 2.0 Official Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: