server names

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.35 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: server names Reply with quote

I was just wondering that because of the lag, it would be nice if people from Usa play on servers that are in usa and european people play on european servers. I am saying this because it's getting really annoing when people from australia, usa, japan etc... are trying to play on european servers and then they are getting mad because the game lags... :?

Of course I could name server like "server"(eu) it just gets little complicated since the letters aren't showing up because server name is too long... well of course I could put (eu) on the beginning of the server name. but then there is these people that refuse to read the server name Wink

SO solution is rather simple. If we could put certain colors on the server names ie. host can set color for his server (gold = usa, blue = european etc, e etc) then it would easier to join proper server.

okay okay this is probably just a stupid idea, but those server pings are little bit like liars. if see that server has ping like 80, I join and in-game ping is close to 200 Crying or Very sad

and thanks to skutarth about abivideo's covers

Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixa,

I know what you mean. In the serverlist the ping will be one value but after you join it is usually higher. The game just takes a quick snapshot of the ping to display for reference. It has to do that because there could be a huge number of servers that it needs to display and it can't sample all of the servers longer or your server list would never get displayed. There are times when I refresh my server list and my server is not listed at the top with the lowest ping even though it is only 3 feet away from me. You can refresh your server list a few times to verify that the ping stays where it is.

As for having different color names based on the location of the server. It is an interesting idea but I doubt people running servers will do that. I like to have my server name in yellow to make it easier to read. I know that XxLaVaxX has many colors in his server name and that makes it easy to identify also. There are some servers that use black in their name, that is totally useless because the name does not show in the list due to the black background.

Hobbes
mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear hobbes Cool , I ment that when you create server there is also a setting (just like max players) and you can choose one certain area just like usa etc. I don't personally understand why nobody I wouldn't give flying f- about it? Shocked

and thanks to skutarth about abivideo's covers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.35 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC