Is my game CORRUPT? Need help ASAP

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.35 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duckdown

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Is my game CORRUPT? Need help ASAP Reply with quote

Hello all..
I _FINALLY_ got the multiplayer aspect working (I had to use the /net_port command in console), but I am having a really weird problem now..

I bought Doom 3 the day it came out here in Canada.. I got it from a pre-order at Electronics Boutique, so I'm assuming millions of people have the same one.. I installed Doom 3 from scratch, then patched to 1.3, then installed the Last Man Standing mod so I could play co-op

However though often times I cannot join other peoples servers, because I'll get a weird message like "ERROR: No 'anim' key for entity xxx", or it will say I don't have the required files and the server doesn't provide downloads, etc.

So, I host games instead.. But everyone who joins my server seems to have SYNC problems.. Heres a few examples

1. On a level with a moveable bridge, other teammates tell me they can't see the bridge, or it gets stuck, or somehow glitches

2. Whenever we approach a certain point in a level, like a certain doorway for example, as soon as somebody walks through, it makes EVERYBODY else but me mysteriously just crash back to the main menu!

3. People claim often they can't pickup ammo, or that they see health in front of them and can't pick it up, but when I walk over to exactly where they are saying the health is, I just see like a box or nothing at all

So what the hell am I supposed to do? I bought the game, and have my own CD Key..

Should I like warez a copy but then use my real cd-key, or what do you guys suggest? Should I have first patched to like 1.2 and THEN 1.3?!

Please, I need help ASAP, I'm dying to play some co-op!
Thanks in advance
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you installed it correctly. You do not need to patch to 1.2 first, the 1.3 patch is cumulative so you only need to apply it. When you are running a server make certain that si_skill is not set to 3 or higher (si_skill 0-2 works fine). That may have been the problem you were experiencing. I assume the map with the moveable bridge was mc_underground and that does not always appear correctly on the cliient machines. Try the change I suggested and let us know how you make out. You can come to the irc channel and get help even quicker.

BTW, do not post the same message in two different forums.

Hobbes
mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. On a level with a moveable bridge, other teammates tell me they can't see the bridge, or it gets stuck, or somehow glitches

if gamemode is sp coop there might be some strange stuff going on, lots of things aren't synched or aren't showing up properly on clients , make sure you don't have si_skill 3 or higher, use 1 or 2.

Quote:
2. Whenever we approach a certain point in a level, like a certain doorway for example, as soon as somebody walks through, it makes EVERYBODY else but me mysteriously just crash back to the main menu!

I have seen this bug in alpha labs 3-4 in lms 0.3, did this is happened when host went first and then clients?

Quote:
3. People claim often they can't pickup ammo, or that they see health in front of them and can't pick it up, but when I walk over to exactly where they are saying the health is, I just see like a box or nothing at all

maybe bug, we saw similar bug with hobbes ( that exploding yellow barrel )

Quote:
Please, I need help ASAP, I'm dying to play some co-op!

its always better to host anyway

Quote:

However though often times I cannot join other peoples servers, because I'll get a weird message like "ERROR: No 'anim' key for entity xxx", or it will say I don't have the required files and the server doesn't provide downloads, etc.

they might be test servers, dunno---

sorry I couldn't provide any better info Crying or Very sad

and thanks to skutarth about abivideo's covers

calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW please don't double post. There is no reason to put it in two seperate sections. If the data is not in sync that means that either you have additional pk4s, like other mods in your /base directory and/or your pk4s for the actual game itself are corrupt. Make sure you have no other mods in your base directory and if this doesn't help then reinstall doom 3. I have sometimes seen weird errors like the anim thing and I had to restart the computer and it was fixed, though it seems like it might take a little more than that to help with your situation. Good luck.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
duckdown

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, sorry about the crossposting.

I was using SKILL 3, so I will try on 2 next..

Also, many levels, people join then get disconnected instantly.

It is related to that bug where people get dropped to the menu at a certain doorway..

What I mean is, when the other people get kicked from the game after I go past that certain point, if I stay PAST that point, from then on people will join but then INSTANTLY get disconnected and dropped back to the menu.

However, if I walk back earlier in the level, previous to that point, people can join and are able to stay in the game..

On at least 4 levels now, people are not able to join. They join then get disconnected instantly they tell me. I have to keep doing "NEXT MAP" until it lands on one people can actually join.
Corrupt Chocula
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could router/firewall be a potential troublemaker?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.35 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC