we can re-create this bug; not in bug list

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.35 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArchTaib

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: we can re-create this bug; not in bug list Reply with quote

alright.. so far this is really really promising for a mod, and we're loving what we can do so far..

BUT..

i can live with the pda bug and the invisible baddies bug.. the one we can't live with is.. missing stuff. stuff is missing.

we can play up to MarsCity just fine, but when we load Administration, things get screwy. first: that map crashes the client with an 'anim ' error on load. second, we skip that map and move on to the next one.. but this is where things go missing. lights, animations, textures are black all over the place, interacticve objects are missing on the client side, ect... doors don't open.. random textures floating in midair..

i can't find anyone with this same problem in the forums.. so here i am; posting.

three machines are being used, and it happens 100% of the time. re-installed, patched, got that LMS config fix, without the config fix, copied it to another machine and ran it, installed it fresh on all three machines, with or without RoE installed.. ....

once that crash happens in Administration.. it seems unfixable without re-installing the whole everything.

TIA
ArchTaib

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it'll happen again on Alpha Labs Sector 3.. Sad so we play the first two or three maps, skip Administration, start with Alpha Labs Sector 1, and it'll go fine untill Alpha 3.

again.. things are black, though this time all the objects seem to be in place. just the lighting has gone totally screwy. unplayable screwy. tried drivers, does it on all three machines, both nvidia and ati-based. so i doubt very much it is a system problem.

completely re-installin' everything fixes it for a bit.

i'm lost.
Nicemice
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you take a look at the lagOmeter ? Is is showing a big green line instead of a sequence of dots ? Is the bug only occuring after playing a couple of maps ? Try starting alpha 3 directly and look if the error is still there.
ArchTaib

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lag-o-meter starts off with a huge green line, but very quickly returns to a normal heartbeat-lookin green dots thing. it is being played over gigabit lan.

begining play on alpha labs 3 doesn't fix it, it will do it on every single map we have loaded after that, or even before that, regardless of order. it seems that once it starts, there's no way around it.. restart the game, reboot.. nothin'.

yes, it seems to happen every at the start of every 3rd map.
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the server setup with "si_skill 3"? I have seen some very strange issues with the graphics when playing on skill 3. Try running with "si_skill 2" and see how that works.

Hobbes

Last edited by Hobbes on Mon May 30, 2005 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
ArchTaib

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will do, might give it a try tonight. thanks for the reply! this is very definately a very strange issue with the graphics. sometimes even the bumpmapping is missing.
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0.3 didnt like skill 3 either it did the same stuff on most maps
ArchTaib

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so changing it back to skill level 2 on the first two or three machines apparently does not fix it once it has been broken.. but leaving it on skill level 2 and adding a fourth machine that had never seen doom 3 before seems to make everything happy. Smile

i have no idea where to go from here.. we'll re-install the game and mod on all the machines, and try not to break it again Wink

thanks for the help, everyone. if anything else comes up, i'll be sure to fill you in.
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for letting us know about the problem. I'm thinking we should either rework skill level 3 or take it out completely if it causing problems so big. Thank you for your time.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.35 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC