playing lms beta 3 and roe
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.3 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeViN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Huh?
samtron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um actualy cracked exe's aint illegal if you do a google search for no cd crack for doom 3 then you will see lots of it on the internet and they only make it were you dont have to have the cd to play i like it cause the game plays faster Very Happy
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because things are everywhere on the 'net does not mean they're legal. Most forums just don't take the risk of having links to piracy or piracy related things. We're not any different.
samtron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if there not legal then why are they all over the net were you can download them from anywere and if they were not legal then you would have to get them from ftp clients and xbinz and stuff like that im not geting mad or anything im just puting my 2 cents in lol and i know what you mean by the forum not tlaking about it i dont blame them for not talking about stuff that might be illigal
Corrupt Chocula
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iten wrote:
Admins, do we want links to legally debatable content on the forums?

ill admit the source is at the least questionable, but it is absolutley legal to use a no-cd patch for a game you own. you guys seem to (wisely) want to be on the safe side, so i would say leave the links off.
BUT:
on the otherhand, what possible repercussions are there? anyone know?
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ID may not support us like they have been if links like that were on this site. No-CD cracks may be a convience for people that legally purchased the game but they also allow people to pirate the game. I agree fully that they should not be posted and removed quickly if they are posted.

Hobbes
iten
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends what the type of CD-Key crack is. If it's distributing a cracked version of doom3.exe, then it is most certainly illegal, as it's distributing id's copyrighted code. If it's a patch that's applied, it's more borderline.
Corrupt Chocula
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iten wrote:
It depends what the type of CD-Key crack is. If it's distributing a cracked version of doom3.exe, then it is most certainly illegal, as it's distributing id's copyrighted code. If it's a patch that's applied, it's more borderline.

a game company will never (with one exception that i can think of but cant remember the name of) release an official no-cd patch. a no-cd version of doom is a cracked version because that is one form of copy protection, unless i am misunderstanding what cracked means. this perspective makes the choice of allowing or blocking links easy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not true. Ut2k4 doesn't require a cd to play without any cracks.
Corrupt Chocula
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Not true. Ut2k4 doesn't require a cd to play without any cracks.

aha. so ut 2k4 doesnt use that form of copy protection. maybe thats what i was thinking of Confused
Skutarth
LMS Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Unreal engine based games I can think of get CD checking removed in later patches. Unreal Tournament, Unreal, Unreal Tournament 2003/2004, Rune. I'm not sure, but I think Unreal 2 even has it removed in later versions!

This, however, does not change the legality of a No-CD CRACK. It's very convenient to have, and though some games legally no longer check for the CD, it's still illegal. Why do you think they put the protection there to begin with? So you must have the CD!

This problem will be phased out, soon. The Doom 3 1.2 patch already removes the need to have the CD in, so I assume that 1.3 will not require you to have it in. So once a new version of LMS is out, your troubles are over.

This thread should probably be frozen soon.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.3 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC