lms and custom mods

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.3 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samtron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: lms and custom mods Reply with quote

hi love this mod good job to all..i was woundering i made a mod for it to make the weapons have a little more damage were would i put it i named it pak 999 but it didnt work i put it in the lms folder and still didnt work thanks for your help and great mod

edit this is for SP not MP
Timbobsteve
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have made code changes to the core dll file. Your scripts may conflict with our code.

-Timbobsteve
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samtron,

What files are in your pk4? Is there a new gamex86.dll or just some def and script files? Remember that you have to keep the correct folder structure (ie. def files go in a def folder, script files go in a script folder). You can use the path console command to see if your pk4 is part of the search path for the game.

Please note that you will not be able to join any pure servers or host a pure server with the modified files.

Hobbes
samtron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only files i got in my pk4 is one def file and one script file and i got them in the def and script folder and what is the command that you talk about thanks . samtron...oh and i noticed when i just edit the def files in the lms pk4 file then the mod will load then go back to desk top why is that because of the dll or something thanks
samtron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody Confused
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just modified some of the files that were in the LMS pk4, you do not need to repackage them into a seperate pk4. Just create two folders in your LMS directory called "def" and "script" and put the corresponding files in those directories. When the game loads it will use those files instead of the files in the LMS pk4 file. If they are new files that were not included in the LMS pk4 then I think the process is a little different. What are the names of the two files in your pk4? If possible come to the IRC channel, it is easier and quicker to help you there.

Hobbes
samtron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i got it to work i had the files backwards the script file in the def folder and the def file in the script folder thanks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.3 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC