Map critique

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.3 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowMan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Map critique Reply with quote

Well I finally got an account, so I'll give a runthrough of what I think of the maps. Firstly though, I love the updates in this mod.

Doom Ship: Probably the weakest map of the bunch. The lighting is really bad at times (no bumpmapping, shadowing looks bad). I'm guessing this is because you used ambient lights a lot. Sometimes, it's hard to tell what to do. I go down into an area, kill some monsters, and a door's unlocked. My other big gripe is the final room. It lags a LOT, and I don't know what to do there. Cybie isn't visible on infrared either. But I have to commend this map for taking advantage of the infrared.

Hanger Incursion: Great as usual, glad the door bug is fixed. However, monsters don't stop spawning in the third room after you complete it. This makes it very hard to get back to where you were if you die.

Omega Anomoly: Some of the phases are really long, especially the last one. It just feels too drawn out. Other than that, this map is loads of fun. It's good to have a serious, dark-industrial map in the pack.

Onslaught: I haven't played it much, but it's pretty hard on one player. It's a bit difficult to find where the survivor is, but once I play it more, I think I'll get accustomed to it.

Fortified Complex: Classic as always. Glad to see it actually has an ending.

Human Disposal: Great, no gripes with this one.

Labyrinth: Glad the z-sec is getting some action. Good usage of infrared. Notably lacking music or ambient sound, though.

Command Attack: This is still one of my favorites in the game.

Chambers of Misery: The simplicity makes it one of the better maps. The only problem I have is that it's a bit TOO simple. Might wanna add some detail in there and/or more hanging bodies arond the map.

Bunker: Still nice and hard. Good map as usual.

Trapped: After a while, it feels a bit stale. Needs to introduce new enemies as time goes on. I'm guessing this map would rock for hardcore mode.

So the maps are really shaping up. I'm most definitely looking forward to 0.4.
Vertical_Zer0
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Map critique Reply with quote

ShadowMan wrote:

Hanger Incursion: Great as usual, glad the door bug is fixed. However, monsters don't stop spawning in the third room after you complete it. This makes it very hard to get back to where you were if you die.

I really like this map, but that spawn "bug" (or is it intentional?) in the third room makes it nearly impossible to get back if you die near the end.
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback on the maps! That really helps a lot when people let us know things they like and didn't like about the maps. You'll be happy to know that hobbes has worked hard to fix prog_hangar of the problems you are referring to. Take care and thanks again for the feedback. Take care.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
Vertical_Zer0
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me smile when Mod developers really care about their players and their input Smile
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely. We are in process of creating a wiki so that you guys can actually edit an html page where you can post your comments all in the same place so that we have a nice organized list of what people have been saying and what needs to be fixed. The way things are set up now it is sometimes tough to remember every post where people mentioned things, so I apologize if we miss anything anyone said, it was not intentional. Hopefully we'll be able to have that wiki up in a few days. I just have to learn how the heck to use it, haha. Take care and thanks for your interest in LMS Smile
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.3 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC