SP Map List that need to be modified and contributed to LMS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: SP Map List that need to be modified and contributed to LMS Reply with quote

Okay in this thread I'd like to get a list of the maps that need to be modified in some way for them to work in SP. Also if anyone is willing to modify the maps in the necessary ways we will compile the maps in a pk4 and include them with our next release so that hopefully the SP levels will be fully playable. We do not have the resources to make all the modifications ourselves since we have our own maps coming so that is why it would be great if people could submit the maps. As a note we cannot take responsibility for maps that are submitted. Also to make it clear, PLEASE MAKE ONLY THE NECESSARY MODIFICATIONS, nothing more, we want to change the stock maps as little as possible, hopefully not many maps at all need to even be touched. Hobbes, maybe you could do the honor of copying and pasting your map list into this thread? Take care.
-calimer
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The maps that I have modified already are:

mc_underground
mars_city2
admin
alphalabs1
alphalabs2 - ladder at exit now works
alphalabs3
alphalabs4
enpro
recycling2
monorail - turret guns cannot be deactivated without pda but the rest of the map works
delta1
delta2a
delta2b
delta3 - not perfect, but it works
delta4
hell1
delta5
cpu
site3
caverns1
caverns2

I will make a list of what I changed in each one in another post. I have to go back and look at each file.

On all maps I changed the pda's into either a weapon or health but if the pda's are fixed in the next release those changes are not needed.

What is the best method for giving you the files? The files range in size from 5-9 megs each uncompressed. I can give detailed info on what was changed or I can send the file. Since I am not a mapper I made all of my changes in a text editor, not the best method but by the time I figured out the editor you would be on release 5.0 :)

I am working on the rest (only 6 left to do...).

Hobbes

Last edited by Hobbes on Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:25 pm; edited 7 times in total
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A list of changes to the maps would definitely be appreciated. Maybe you can be our official dude for this? It would be cool too if people were willing to help you out, if needed. The pda will be fixed for the next release, I think it has been fixed already actually, though I haven't tested it. For getting us the maps, check out the new forum that you have access to, you will be able to upload to our ftp from there. Take care.
-calimer
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Later today I will post what changes were made to the maps. Some maps will not require any changes and I will include that also.

Hobbes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: 3RROR Reply with quote

cool i cant wait until beta.3 is out. i know one map that dnt work atall and that is the very first map when you get of the ship. I think its called mars city lol Cool
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some players have asked how I have modified the SP maps for play with LMS beta 0.2 so I have created some web pages detailing what was changed and how to change them. All of my edits have been done with just a text editor.

I created the pages quickly so they are very plain. I wanted to get something up so that other people may be able to host SP map servers before the next release.

Please note that you only need to modify the files if you want to host a server with beta 0.2. If you just want to play, then just find a server and join, no modifications are needed.

Click here to see how the maps have been modified

All comments are welcome.

Hobbes

Last edited by Hobbes on Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
3RROR
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noooooo when i went on lms today i couldnt see any servers showing up at all. i even restarted my pc and had no luck. Also i went into doom3 and that did even have any servers showing up either its just blank Sad
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the id master server is down since i can't scan a single server for doom 3 either when i tried now.

I can't ping master server either, times out.
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened to me too this morning, works good now.

Hobbes
3RROR
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol hobbes i got open coop 2 now but i wont be able to come into ur lms sp servers now Sad are u getting open coop version 2 soon
3RROR
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3RROR wrote:
lol hobbes i got open coop 2 now but i wont be able to come into ur lms sp servers now Sad are u getting open coop version 2 soon

also when i try to join some open coop servers it says data not in sync with server lool. not sure what that mean, but anyway i made my own server did the first level and the pda works greats you can even press tab to bring it up Surprised
Corrupt Chocula
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please add this to the FAQ:
I am unable to connect to a server. I get an error stating "Data not in sync with server data". How do I fix this?
Doom 3 is very particular about the files that exist in your "Doom 3/base/" and "Doom 3/xxx/" folders. The contents of your folders must have the exact same PK4 files as the server in order to connect.
XxLaVaxX
LMS Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*gasps* Shocked

omg, VERY good and progressive sharing work on those webpages

Hobbes impressive ,will and can definely use ,

and course you know if need input or

whatever http://home.rochester.rr.com/d3hobbes/spmapmodify.html

thanks for that contribution and elaborating

:mrgreen:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any help that you can offer to help complete this map list and mention what stuff needs to be changed in what levels would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully with the release of Beta 0.3 you'll actually be able to go from start to finish of the SP maps! Take care.
-calimer
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 16 out of the 27 maps modified and running on my server. The up to date list is located at the top of this thread.

On the monorail map I will have to move the starting spawn location as players progress through the map. Once the train moves from one location to another, a player that dies cannot join the others without doing this. Complete 3/2/05

On the mc_underground map the starting location is also the exit so I will have to do some stuff to get that to work also.

Hobbes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC