Need some SP Coop help.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HawkiE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Need some SP Coop help. Reply with quote

Yo guys, I just searched for google to watch if a COOP mod was out now, and I was like "OMFG!!!" When I saw this one. I am really appreciated for you guys who has made this mod, and thank you Smile This mod works really fine and there is not too much lag. Now after I had played the LMS Coop maps for a while, I saw a topic there you could play the SP MAps in Coop, and I thought that I could have that a go. So I followed the instructions, my friend created a server and he had a SP Coop server up and running and I connected to the server. But... When I joined, I was in spectator mode and I didn't know how to join the game neither :S My friend didn't even have a HUD, and after he had walked some steps the server crashed... Any solutions for this guys?

Thanks in advance.
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to reproduce the problem and fix it. At least parts of it.

What map? Was the gametype SP COOP (si_gameType). Was it a litsen server or dedicated? And, what was the value of all the si_* variables on the server.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tried mars_city1 and mc_underground, both didn't work but on mc_underground, it crashed when someone joins the server and before it crashes, the player that are already playing in the server gets the PDA Screen. When you move like 10 steps on mars_city1 the game will crash completely so unless you don't move on that map, it won't crash but that won't make any sence... Razz Haven't tried more maps. And yes, the gametype was set to SP Coop.
HawkiE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't notice I wasn't logged in O_O BUt so you know, it's me who posted the post before. And I forgot to say that the server was a listen server.
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try just playing in LMS Mod gametype, I think SP COOP gametype is severly borked because I had problems with it too. And stay away from PDAs!! Take care.
-calimer
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkie,

You definitely should use a gametype of LMS Mod. Check out the posts in SP Coop FAQ and Bug List. I have added some files that may help in setting up an SP map server.

When running the mc_underground map the pda screen will appear when someone joins unless all pda's are removed from the map. You do not have to pick up a pda for it to appear. I have only seen this on this particular map. I have not run the mars_city1 map mainly because there are no monsters and there are alot of cinematics. Doesn't make a good coop map.

Hobbes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC