i might need some help :D
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valdex

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: i might need some help :D Reply with quote

well i just have to say great maps u guys added in friggin SICK Very Happy been playing them all night trying to beat my high scores heh, but for some reason i can play online with other people but when i tired joining in on a LMS server that had a SP map (recylcle 2 i think it was) i would join in as soon as i spawn im kicked just wanted to know what the problem was i get no errors or anything just brings me back to the LMS menu if its just me or the server kicking me lemme know Very Happy thanks for the mod and nice stuff that ID didnt add btw Very Happy
iten
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not you, it's a strange bug that we can't really figure out. Hopefully it'll be fixed for 0.3.
valdex

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah odd there was three other people playing it too on same server, should i just keep trying every now and then to see if i *stay* in the server or is that not a option
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say you should try all SP servers you find. Is there no Message at all? (like a message box)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope now i m being booted at random out of the server that hosting a map u guys made *shugs* oh well dunno what it is nothing is comming up that went wrong
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I actually tried to join a SP server today with werewolf and it booted me too, it complained about some entity error. I didn't realize that it might be related to what you guys are talking about so I didn't save the warning. I will try again though when I see more SP servers up. Try dropping your console and see what error messages are there because I'm sure there must be something. Take care.
-calimer
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calimer,

I think it was my server you were trying to join. I saw the following:

Server: calimer has joined the game
calimer disconnected

That happens sometimes, not sure why. Just before you tried to get in, AO was in for a couple of minutes and then he timed out. He may be able to shed some light on any error messages that he received. When this happens, I will see the lag icon above the players head and after about 30 seconds I will see an "Unreliable Messages Overflow" error. Then the player is gone. Sometimes only one player will timeout but other times all players except me will timeout and be disconnected from the server. I have been told by some guys that their game crashed. Not sure if it totally shutdown or just back to the LMS main menu. It seems to happen on all of the maps and I don't consider it a big problem because normally they just rejoin and then it is fine. It may take a couple of tries but it will work. I'm sure you guys will figure out what is happening.

When I start a map I will remove all of the pda's so that we do not accidently pick up one. I don't think that causes the problem because I know players have joined after I have removed them.

I am trying to host an SP map servfer as much as I can. Everyone is welcome to join. It is usually running after 4:00PM EST during the week.

Hobbes
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I think it was your server I tried to join actually, I will have to try joining your server again and recording that error message that I got. This is a strange error and not one that we encountered during our internal testing, at least that I can remember. Also, have you had any luck with gametype SP COOP? When I tried it today my server kept crashing. I'm thinking that it might be best to stick with gametype LMS Mod even for the SP levels. Take care.
-calimer
Nocturn
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing a SP game for a good while now, I occasionally got kicked but only on certain maps it seemed, mainly the alpha labs.
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It freezed, i had to end the process, not much usable info from that. But, i had just fired the shotgun and could even hear the shotgun blast before it freezed. It freezed like 0.1 seconds after the shot.
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The map I was playing in SP coop when it kept crashing was Alphalabs 4. Then I changed it to LMS Mod and it seemed like Burn and 3rror kept having connection issues where they had trouble reconnecting. I restarted the map and I think burn was able to get in without a problem. Also the first map load I killed that dude with the incinerator, and then there were the problems not too long after that. But the second time I let him. Not sure if that really affected things or not. Take care.
-calimer
PS Hobbes which command are you using to get rid of the pdas? I could look it up but if you have it would save me some time Very Happy
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AO wrote:
It freezed, i had to end the process, not much usable info from that. But, i had just fired the shotgun and could even hear the shotgun blast before it freezed. It freezed like 0.1 seconds after the shot.

AO,

It was right after the shotgun blast that I saw the lag icon above your head and the guy standing next to you (I think it was werewolf). You both got disconnected.

calimer wrote:
The map I was playing in SP coop when it kept crashing was Alphalabs 4. Then I changed it to LMS Mod and it seemed like Burn and 3rror kept having connection issues where they had trouble reconnecting. I restarted the map and I think burn was able to get in without a problem. Also the first map load I killed that dude with the incinerator, and then there were the problems not too long after that. But the second time I let him. Not sure if that really affected things or not. Take care.
-calimer
PS Hobbes which command are you using to get rid of the pdas? I could look it up but if you have it would save me some time

I don't normally run with the gametype set as "SP COOP" because it will crash if I get the pda screen and press either the tab or esc keys. Also I don't like the main menu that comes up when I press escape.

To remove the pda's I go into the console and type in remove item_pda and then press tab (before pressing return). It will list all pda's that have names that start with 'item_pda'. I then type in remove item_pda_# for each one. Some pda names do not start with 'item_pda' so those you have to get the name a different way. If I see a pda that I have not previously removed I will turn on g_showentityinfo and look for the name and then remove it. I started making a list of the pda names for the different maps. If there is an interest I can post it.

When you play the alphalabs4 map there is a trigger that will lock the chamber doors when you pass it. I usually remove it so that the doors will not lock (remove trigger_once_54). That way you can die and still get through the chamber again. Also if you kill the guy in the chamber he will not open the room that has the weapons. You can still open it with the console using the trigger command. I have to do stuff like this on some of the maps.

Also when we play I will move the starting spawn location so that we do not have to travel the whole map if we die. I think I told you about this the other day. It may be something to add to some of your maps on your next release. I don't know how to do it automatically but it is easy to do in the console manually.

Hobbes
WeReWolF

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man Calimer,

It was a shame that you could not join the game, I t was as fun as hell! Very Happy

Really the whole night (For us europeans Wink ) was just mad fun!
Tonight i'm probaly comming again! Very Happy

I'm telling you SP coop is the best type of multiplayer in the world. Very Happy
3RROR
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that was a quality game last nite wolf and hobbes. played 5 maps and the next spawn map script works fine, truely was a wicked time last nite ill be up for playing again 2nite if u can open a server up but not 2 late dis time plz hahaha as i didnt get into bed until 2.30am lol
WeReWolF

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed it was!

Lol yeah i ''forgot Wink '' the time to. At 4 PM i was in my bed.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC