it wont let me join..it says Missing Media Files

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: it wont let me join..it says Missing Media Files Reply with quote

hi when i try to join each server it says im missing files...whats wrong? Sad
Salamandra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you go on Doom 3 and then choose the mod? Or did you use the batch file to open LMS? If it was the former, use the batch file, and it may not happen.

Apart from that, I have no idea.
sean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im really new at this...i went on Doom 3 and picked the mod...man i really want to play this mod Sad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone please help me?..it keeps sayin im missing like 15 media packs...im desperete to play this MOD!! Shocked Sad
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try reinstalling doom3, then doom3 patch 1.1, then lms beta2. If that doesnt work, tell us, and we'll try to help some more. Hope it works for you.
Corrupt Chocula
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you unpack the doom 3 pk files you will get the media files error. dont unpack them and that should take care of at least 4 of the media packs

this is also similar to the sync problem: when joining a server, some servers will have an option disabled that allows people who dont have the exact folder setup as the server to join. what you can try to do is delete all your other mods except LMS and then you should be able to join those specific servers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks!
hemiman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: How do I launch a multiplayer SP Coop Game???? Reply with quote

Ok, I've read the manual, your online "techarchive" and I still don't get it.

I went into the server.cfg and changed the LMS mod to SI Coop and re-saved it. However, what do I do now? Is this file supposed to be moved somewhere and over write another???

Next, how do you load single player maps from the console. for instance, when I try to load the "Administration" map it keeps telling me it can't find that map. Under the directory "maps" is "game" and under that are individual directories named the appropriate "map" such as "Administration" or Alpha Labs 1. These correspond to my single player saved games though and really contain nothing more than a texture directory with a tga file.

Anyway, I think your manual is leaving out some obvious steps for those of us who don't know what a pak file is. Can you give some detailed instructions on how to load single player maps in coop? Better yet, how about making it menu driven for morons like myself?
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hemiman,

You should use a gametype of LMS Mod when running the server. To help in setting up your server check my posts in this message.

To change the map once the server is running set si_map with the name of the map you want to play and then type in servermaprestart. If you are still having trouble, let me know and I will try to assist as much as I can.

Hobbes
hemiman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I read your link. I'm not sure what I was looking for. I'm not a software guy. I did notice you have created something that will load the correct level at the end of each proceding level. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with that code though???

How about some instructions a little more lamens terms....something like...

1. Download this file...
2. Place it here.....
3. Launch Doom3
4. Pull down command window and type "....."
5. Play!
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you are still talking about running the SP maps using the mod. These instructions should be easier to follow.

- Start the game by using the shortcut "Last Man Standing"
- Choose Multiplayer from the menu, then Create Game
- Set time limit to 0
- Warmup to 0
- Select Internet or Lan
- Select one of the LMS maps from the list. You will change the map once the server is started.
- Click on Start Server

The server will start using the LMS map you selected

Once in the map bring down the console by pressing ctrl-alt-~. The ~ key is located to the left of the the number 1 key on my keyboard. Type the following into the console:

si_map game/admin
servermaprestart

That will change the map to be UAC Administration

To change to other maps just bring down the console and change "si_map" to be the map you want to play and then "servermaprestart". All of the map names start with are shown in the file spmaps.script. The maps will not automatically advance to the next one without using my spmaps.scriptcfg file. If you get the server running using these instructions I can explain how to add the map cycle file.

Note: Playing the SP maps will be much easier when Beta 0.3 is released. You will be able to select the maps from the map list and they will cycle properly from map to map. Also, in Beta 0.3 the maps have been modified to allow cooperative play (No locking doors, teleporters will work for all players).

Hobbes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC