SP Coop FAQ and Bug List
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: SP Coop FAQ and Bug List Reply with quote

When reporting bugs please be sure to tell us which gametype you played it in. Default is LMS Mod, but gametype for SP coop is si_gametype SP Coop.

Generally SP coop should be played with the gametype being SP coop, which can be done by entering
    si_gametype SP Coop
in the console and then loading whichever map

FAQ
Question- Do you officially support SP Coop?
In this release, no. We are going to try to get things working better in SP Coop in the future though. However, our main priority is still LMS based concepts so we'll be focusing on getting that stuff to work first, and if it is possible for us to fit in, we'll work on fixing bugs in SP Coop as well. Please report all bugs you are finding with SP Coop and we'll do what we can to include bug fixes with the releases. What bugs get fixed largely depends on the feedback and information we recieve from people trying it, as it will be tough for us to test the levels ourselves with trying to get everything else done, so please if you want parts of SP Coop to work, you need to let us know what is not working.

Question- When I finish an SP level, the map just restarts, how do I make it so it will play the next map like in SP?

You need to edit the mapcycle.scriptcfg to let you play a map only once.
change this: "replay_count = 2;" to the desired number of replay counts.
also change this: "sys.setPersistantArg( "replay_count", 2 );" to the same value as in the first you needed to change.
Change the 2 to 1 in both places and see if it still replays a map.

Bug List
-PDA stays on screen, not sure if this is for both LMS Mod and SP Coop
-Maps don't change to next level, they restart the current one, could probably be fixed with a mapcycle.
-Switch from using main-menu to in-game gui when playing SP COOP gametype.
- The manual needs information about the two map cycle scripts, a little info about how they can be changed and how they work.
- Needs to be looked into, Chocolate guy regarding problems joining servers: "this is also similar to the sync problem: when joining a server, some servers will have an option disabled that allows people who dont have the exact folder setup as the server to join. what you can try to do is delete all your other mods except LMS and then you should be able to join those specific servers" -> http://lms.d3files.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=467

Last edited by calimer on Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:20 am; edited 3 times in total
3RROR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not so botherd about this bug as i think you wont be able to do anythink about it, but its mainly the lag. the game has the worst lag for any game lol, it must be id's net code as its just so laggy and it shouldnt be like that. and if the lag was better ur mod would run alot better 2. if it had a normal net code like counter strike or other games even ifi was on a usa server if have a ping under 100 nit like 350 witch is wat i get becuase of the lag and i dnt think its becuase of ur mod or the sp coop
BurN
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the netcode for Doom 3 is absolutely horrible, if a game freaking lags on lan you know you have a problem. Theres not much we can do really we cant modify netcode like we need to because were just a mod.
BEERman
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3RROR wrote:
im not so botherd about this bug as i think you wont be able to do anythink about it, but its mainly the lag. the game has the worst lag for any game lol, it must be id's net code as its just so laggy and it shouldnt be like that. and if the lag was better ur mod would run alot better 2. if it had a normal net code like counter strike or other games even ifi was on a usa server if have a ping under 100 nit like 350 witch is wat i get becuase of the lag and i dnt think its becuase of ur mod or the sp coop

Counterstrike has some of the crap netcode out there. I know, I've been into CS since Beta 4... Hitboxes we're ALWAYS an issue with that game, and they're improved in the new one but it's still not a shining example of netcode at it's best.
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me a MP game with per-pixel indoor lightning like doom 3 that has better netcode.
3RROR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i dnt no medal of honor but its just anoying that doom 3 has to be so laggy i should be gettin like 35 ping like i get on most games
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are doing everything we can to help the lag issue, even contacting ID about it. Hopefully it will be much less laggy in the future. Take care.
-calimer
3RROR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg i hope they do but dnt it anoy you lot that id didnt do it in the first place and not even adding coop and they just do it in the xbox, i wonder if xbox one will be laggy like da pc
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this message should go in this topic or not but it is an observation about the user's manual regarding playing SP maps. In section 5 of the manual it states the following:

D. Playing SP maps in Coop
To do this check out my sample server.cfg and the mappers guide on how to set it up properly. It might best to change "LMS mod" in the gametype to "SP coop" in the server config. Add in whatever SP maps you want in the server.cfg and start the server. As a note we don't officially support the SP levels in Coop, but we can try to answer questions if something is not working.

But when I open the mapping guide it states in the revision level that server.cfg was removed from the manual on February 8, 2005.

Is the file located somewhere else so that I could take a look at it.

Hobbes
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it should be located in the docs folder with the name server.cfg Also can you please send us in that mapcycle you made so that we can let other people use it too? It would be very much appreciated. Take care.
-calimer
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: SP Coop FAQ and Bug List Reply with quote

calimer wrote:
Bug List
-PDA stays on screen, not sure if this is for both LMS Mod and SP Coop
-Maps don't change to next level, they restart the current one, could probably be fixed with a mapcycle.

I created a listen server using a gametype of SP COOP and the PDA screen appears just like when the gametype is LMS Mod. The only difference is that if I press either the TAB key or the ESC key the game completely shutsdown to the desktop. I tried it with 3 of the maps just to be sure.

I will send the map cycle file that I created but I'm not sure how to do it. I do not see an option to include a file. Should I copy/paste into the message?

Hobbes
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* We need an option in the main menu to turn off music.
* Switch from using main-menu to in-game gui when playing SP COOP gametype.
* The manual needs information about the two map cycle scripts, a little info about how they can be changed and how they work.
* Needs to be looked into, Chocolate guy regarding problems joining servers: "this is also similar to the sync problem: when joining a server, some servers will have an option disabled that allows people who dont have the exact folder setup as the server to join. what you can try to do is delete all your other mods except LMS and then you should be able to join those specific servers" -> http://lms.d3files.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=467
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following are my observations about running the SP maps. All of my testing was done using an internet listen server with a gametype of LMS Mod. I will edit this message as needed. The message is not intended to put down the mod or discourage players from trying the SP maps. It's intent is to aid other players in running an SP map server and it also will give information to the dev team so that they may fix some of the issues.

Updated on Feb 23 to include more maps.

General issues:
- If a player picks up a pda, a screen appears that they cannot remove. They have to disconnect and reconnect. Client machines can do this easily by typing reconnect into the console.
- Client machines cannot see items that I spawn (weapons, health, etc.). The items are there, they can pick them up, but cannot see them.
- Map objectives are not displayed.
- If the gametype is set as SP COOP and I pick up a pda, I get the screen that will not go away just like when the gametype is LMS Mod. The difference is that if I press either the TAB or ESC key my game will shutdown to the desktop.
- Health stations do not decrease in value as players take health. This appears to only happen when running a dedicated server.<-New

Suggestions for future releases:

- I would like to be able to see the other players names just like when you play a team deathmatch game, your teammates name appears when you are looking at them. It gets confusing when there are four players on the map and if they all have the same skin.
- When the gametype is set as SP COOP, bring up the in-game menu instead of the main menu.
- When the gametype is set as SP COOP, populate the maps window with the names of the SP maps, currently it is blank and therefore we cannot choose a vote for change map.

Map specific issues:
game/admin
- There is a door in the room that has a supply cabinet that needs a pda to open it. (My fix - I trigger the door in the console)
- The exit bay doors will not open without a pda. (My fix - I trigger the door in the console)

game/alphalabs3<-New
- The server crashes after disposing of the two toxic barrels, right at the moment that the door unlocks. This does not happen everytime, it may have to do with me removing the pda's from the map.
- There is a door that locks after you pass through it at the top of the stairs. (My fix - I trigger the door open)

game/alphalabs4
- There is a trigger that will lock the chamber doors after you go through it. (My fix - I remove the trigger using: remove trigger_once_54)
- If the person running the server moves back and forth through the chamber, the client machines will all be disconnected and I will see an "unreliable messages overflow" error from each client. They can rejoin without a problem. (My fix - I do not go back and forth through the chamber)

game/enpro
- The way this map is supposed to work is that the player spawns onto the map in one place, a cinematic plays, when it is over the player teleports to the "starting" position. What happens is that if a player enters the map while the cinematic is playing, the teleport will not work. (My fix - I noclip to the "start" position and then run a small cfg file that will spawn a new info_player_start and remove the old one)
- This is a very big map and I usually move the spawn location while playing so that we do not have to walk the whole map when we die.
- At the start of the map there is a sentry bot that is supposed to help with some of the monsters. When you approah it will activate but will not follow you on the map.

game/comm1
- When you exit the airlock at the beginning there is a trigger that will close it and if you die you will spawn inside of it and not be able to get out. (My fix - I remove the trigger by typing into the console: remove trigger_once_111)
- Because we cannot pick up the pda we cannot get the security clearance to ride the elevator to the bottom floor. (I do not have a fix for this at this time. I will change the map and restart)
- About halfway through the map there is a place where you can deploy a sentry bot to help you. You can deploy it but it will not lead you through the map. It is supposed to open about 5 doors on the map but does not. (My fix - I trigger the doors one at a time using the console. I may write a small cfg file to do this automatically in the future.)

game/recycling1
- For some reason players cannot join when I run this map. (I do not have a fix so I do not run this map)

game/monorail
- The way this map is supposed to work is that the player spawns onto the map in one place, a cinematic plays, when it is over the player teleports to the "starting" position. What happens is that if a player enters the map while the cinematic is playing, the teleport will not work. (My fix - I noclip to the "start" position and then ride the monorail to the first stop. I get off the train and spawn a new info_player_start and remove the old one)
- If you complete the first part and then ride the monorail to the point where it crashes and then someone dies, they cannot reach the others because of where they spawn. (My fix - I manually move the spawn location)
- Because we cannot pick up the pda's we cannot turn off the automated turret guns and cannot exit the level in the normal fashion. (My fix - I go into the console and change si_map to the next map and do a servermaprestart)

game/hell1
- Only one player can teleport in the beginning of the map. (My fix - I move the spawn location)
- Only one player can teleport to reach the guardian. (My fix - I move the spawn location)
- Some doors lock when players pass through them (My fix - I trigger the door from the console to open it)

game/delta5<-New
- Because the pda's are removed, the monsters at the end of the map are not triggered. They would normally get triggered by picking up the pda named item_pda_1. (My fix - type in trigger trigger_once_46 into the console at the start of the map)
- Once you go through the bay doors at the beginning of the map they will lock and you cannot reopen them. (My fix - remove the trigger that closes the door - remove trigger_once_63)

game/cpu
- The way this map is supposed to work is that the player spawns onto the map in one place, a cinematic plays, when it is over the player teleports to the "starting" position. What happens is that if a player enters the map while the cinematic is playing, the teleport will not work. (My fix - I noclip to the "start" position and then run a small cfg file that will spawn a new info_player_start and remove the old one)

game/site3<-New
- There is a door in the garage that will trigger locked when you pass through preventing others from following. (My fix - Trigger the door open by typing trigger func_door_238)

game/caverns1<-New
- The crane can only be recalled to the load position once. After it is recalled there is a message on the gui that states 'Transferring Crane To Load Position' and pressing the button again does nothing. The gui must not be resetting after the crane is back. (My fix - I move the start location to be after the crane)

Note: Not all maps are listed yet, this does not mean that there are not issues with them. It just means that I have not typed them in yet. As I stated before, you guys did a great job with this mod. Keep up the good work!

Hobbes

Last edited by Hobbes on Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:34 am; edited 4 times in total
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following are two files that I use when running my SP map server. Both files are located in the lms directory. Start a server by typing exec spmapserver.cfg into the console. The spmaps.scriptcfg file is used to load the correct map when each level is exited.

- Updated spmapserver.cfg to include net_lanserver 0 (2/22/05)

Hobbes

spmapserver.cfg
Code:
//Spawns an SP map server using the LMS mod
//Edited by Hobbes 2-16-2005

si_gametype "LMS Mod"
si_pure 1
// Use a unique name for your server
si_name 'LMS SP map server'
// Set the map
si_map 'game/admin'
// 0-Recruit, 1-Marine, 2-Veteran, 3-Nightmare
si_skill 2
si_maxplayers 4
net_serverallowservermod 0
logfile 1
logfilename "spmapserver.log"
// Specifies which map is played next
g_mapcycle "spmaps.scriptcfg"
// 0-Internet server, 1-Lan server
net_lanserver 0
spawnserver

spmaps.scriptcfg
Code:
/*
Last Man Standing map cycle script

map cycling script sample - select with g_mapCycle

the script is purged and reloaded at each map restart
  which happens on map change, but also when hitting GAMEON
  for persistance, you need to use the {get,set}Persistant functions

files with .scriptcfg extension can be loaded outside of pure paks
*/

/*
Modified for use with the single player maps by Hobbes Feb 14,2005
*/

namespace mapcycle {

void cycle() {
      // config
      float cycle_maps = 1;
      // cycle maps and game types
      float replay_count = sys.getPersistantFloat( "replay_count" );
      string si_map = sys.getcvar( "si_map" );
      if ( replay_count <= 0 ) {
         // restart n times before next map
         replay_count = 1;
      }
      replay_count--;
      sys.setPersistantArg( "replay_count", replay_count );
      if ( replay_count <= 0 ) {
         // restart n times before next map         
         sys.setPersistantArg( "replay_count", 1 );

if ( cycle_maps > 0 ) {
            if ( si_map == "game/mars_city1" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/mc_underground" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/mc_underground" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/mars_city2" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/mars_city2" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/admin" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/admin" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/alphalabs1" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/alphalabs1" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/alphalabs2" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/alphalabs2" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/alphalabs3" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/alphalabs3" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/alphalabs4" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/alphalabs4" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/enpro" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/enpro" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/commoutside" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/commoutside" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/comm1" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/comm1" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/recycling1" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/recycling1" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/recycling2" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/recycling2" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/monorail" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/monorail" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/delta1" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/delta1" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/delta2a" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/delta2a" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/delta2b" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/delta2b" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/delta3" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/delta3" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/delta4" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/delta4" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/hell1" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/hell1" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/delta5" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/delta5" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/cpu" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/cpu" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/cpuboss" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/cpuboss" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/site3" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/site3" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/caverns1" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/caverns1" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/caverns2" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/caverns2" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/hellhole" );
            } else if ( si_map == "game/hellhole" ) {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/mars_city1" );
            } else {
               sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/hell1" );  // This is the default if all of the above fail
            }
         }
      } else {
         sys.say( "map cycle: restarting current map " + replay_count + " more time(s)" );
      }
   }
}

Last edited by Hobbes on Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, i have one question, why "net_serverAllowServerMods 1" i don't see why you need that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC