Official Bug/Improvements Report list
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Official Bug/Improvements Report list Reply with quote

Please feel free to add suggestions/comments, I'm sure I missed things

Note: Please stay away from the Plasmathrower! It seems to be causing crashes at times.

Major Bugs/Improvements
-Lms_hangar has trouble opening the doors to the last room
-hardcore is not successfully triggering nextmap when all players die. Do this manually by hitting esc, and choose vote nextmap or changemap Fix needs to be Tested
-installer needs to install to lmsbeta020 not lms since it conflicts with beta 0.1 folder
-plasmathrower seems to be causing problems, including creating a reliable message overflow
-players getting disc sometimes when map change? unconfirmed
- troubles with prog loading dock
-bunker has too many monsters
-very long loading times for some maps when it doesn't seem like the times should be long
-Portal defense needs to be reworked New Version ready for Testing
-Some menu options don't seem to work like turning off shadows. Would be nice to get a full list of what is not working. To manually shut off shadows bring down the console and put in r_shadows 0 This is greatly reduce screen lag.

Minor Bugs/Improvements
-Rocket laucher is underpowered
-connect <ip> via console doesn't seem to work, unconfirmed
-chaingun a bit too overpowered
-score doesn't fit that well FIXED
-chaingun #s don't fit well FIXED
-score increases too fast, this can be fixed by setting lms_scoreincrease and lms_multiplier to very high numbers. Don't set to 0, will crash the server, this needs to be fixed
-dedicated server created in linux via the menu not work? Can be set manually, check the mappers guide for info
-singleplayer games still are shown on the master server list
-revenants missles not working properly yet though on my listen server they were fine, even with 3 people
-for some reason when selecting a server and trying to see who is playing the first players name is not displayed, but the rest are.
-option in the menu to turn off music, seems to be some good demand for this
-get the proper splashscreen in there, the current one is of lower quality than it should be
-timbo needs to take some barrels/boxes out of trapped in, way too much screen lag

Last edited by calimer on Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:41 am; edited 16 times in total
iten
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singleplayer games still report to the master server.

EDIT: Either you just added that or I'm going blind.

Last edited by iten on Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
BEERman
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Clicking on the hack GUI restarts the hack, and multiple players can click it at the same time. It tends to get reset alot by ppl, I've got a fix for this I think.

-rofl, I forgot to add the script that moves player spawns to Loading DOck (well I did, I know cuz it's the last thing I setup but I musta forgot to hit CTRL+S). Also, the train doesn't seem to wait for the trigger_once with wait_all set, the train just leaves.

Well there's still soem odd bugs (like teh sound) in Portal Defense but that's no biggie cuz I'm revamping it ATM for Beta-3. It's actually about 90% done, but I have this CRAZY ass lag problem to fix first. There's a few weird spots. One of em, I look down, polycounts are at 70,000, fps at 60. I look about 5 degress to the left, polycounts drop to 50,000, but fps dives to 5fps.
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ipconnect works, u just have to click on the thing to the left of the ip adress instead of join. Its sort of unintuitive but it works.

EDIT: A dedicated server created via menu should be joinable on the same comp, its not.
BurN
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-i confirm the bug where it disconnects on server change, its extremely awkward as it shows the map loading screen then the game, then the loading screen in a loop about 4 times then just goes back to the main menu. (Happend to me twice on itens server that was on hardcore.)

-The plasmathrower is too powerful, 10 bullets ( in 3 secs) or whatever to kill a hellknight, and 15 (in 5 secs) for the spiderlady thats in fortcomp... thats too powerful even if it is meant to be close range.

-Also, some maps are just TOO dark, I mean after playing chambers for more than 5 minutes my eyes were sore, and also bunker is extremely dark it gets annoying and fast, i'm not sure if thats because theres no shoulder flashlight but other people complained to. And i was getting so pissed off at fortcomp revamped because the monster wasnt even a foot away from me and I couldn't see him.

-I noticed some spelling errors on loading screens, I have to go back and see which ones, but I did notice them in a least 2.

-Main menu should have quit at all times, I remember I was in Join game and I wanted to quit, and I had to click on New Game to see the quit button.

-The main menu music is b0rked, I tried to join a game and it said full, so it takes me back to the main menu only to restart the music from the beginning, and misc. other things did this to the music as well.

-In the Join Game window it doesnt show all 4 players playing in the server you select it seems to show only 2 or 3.

-In the Join Game menu when you select a server the highlight is waytoo bright, You have to squint and you can barely make out the server name.

thats too hard to see, perhaps darken the color of the highlight, or darken the color of the server and its info, just something more friendly on the eyes.

As you can see I have been playing a lot . The mod is really fun and these bugs/improvements are very minor. I love the idea of the screen of the map in the join game, i found a few lms servers i missed that way Smile.
Nocturn
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, a sound effect on the plasma thrower would be nice so you can tell it is discharging, as it is there is no way to see how fast you are going throw your ammo if your swarmed and not lookign at the counters. A larger clip for the weakend version would be nice also.
TelMarine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the map portal defense does not work AT ALL for me anymore. Im using a fresh install of lms beta .2 and doom3 1.1.
HellSpawn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Can't connect Reply with quote

Hi,

Right now I don't see any servers up for Beta 0.2 :(

However, when I did before, (and I have a fresh install of beta 0.2) I end up getting this message:

:(

The five minutes I did get to play on a server that has since disappeared was really fun! I'd like to play more of this!!!
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you need the newest Doom 3 Update. Take care.
-calimer
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you could join one server but not others?
iten
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs that I have fixed, or possibly fixed:
-hardcore is not successfully triggering nextmap when all players die. Do this manually by hitting esc, and choose vote nextmap or changemap - perhaps fixed, maybe not
-score doesn't fit that well - fixed, that is if you mean the right-hand side scoreboard
-chaingun #s don't fit well - fixed
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do revisions to the rocket launcher. It shouldnt take long. Also, people are getting booted from the server during map change (i'm assuming this is "getting the disc").
Nocturn
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think bunker has to many monsters at all...

But also on Hanger there are some more bugs...
You cant rach the backpack/plasma gun in the room with the mancubus.
Also, in the same room if multiple people take the lift they can stay at the top and not get nocked down. I also had a guy suddenly start levitating about 10 feet higher in the air once the button was pushed.
--==Steveo==--

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Lan Problems Reply with quote

I dont know if you know about this yet but making a lan server dont work. When I try to play on my lan the server will create right but when the opposite pc tries to connect it crashes the game for the one trying to connect. I 've tried creating a server on both my pc's and I still get this problem. I dont know if its something I need to change or what but I thought You'd like to know about this.

--==Steveo==--
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank you for the info. I don't have two PCs to network, but maybe AO you could do the honors of testing this? Take care.
-calimer
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC