lms level game coop
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3RROR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: lms level game coop Reply with quote

how do u get single player coop to work on lms, as i want to play coop on level game mode?
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First no garanties for the SP coop gametype :)

First set gametype to SP COOP by writing si_gameType SP COOP in console. Set map by using si_map <map>. create server with spawnServer.

Let's hear how it goes.
3RROR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all good and it worked just that u need to sort out the pda bug as it crashed when someone picks it up for that person and one other major issue fix the lagg. but other then that the sp coop its fantastic fun just the pda and lagg and there is some other small bugs on some of the maps aswell.
Timbobsteve
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As already mentioned we have no plans to update SP Coop feature.. it was thrown in just for the added bonus... so I don't see too many updates from the team reguarding SP Coop.

-Timbobsteve
3RROR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol so sp coop is what makes lms more fun and it is a must needed thing other then just the other maps. any the anyway the level game is alot more fu nand intresting. so i dnt see why they cant make sp coop better
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe it wasnt clear, but this mod is about new levels, gametypes, guns, and ass-kicking. The decision to include single player co-op in the first place was based upon the understanding that we would'nt spend too much time trying to make it perfect. Its not to say that we wont spend any time on it, but dont expect miracles.
BEERman
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are mods like D3Reborn that are making only SP maps into MP-Coop versions of the same. There doesn't need to be 5 coop mods that use the SP maps, they're focused on that and there's no point in us spending time on that aspect. LMS is conversion mod, it just happens to take place in the D3-Universe. Our aim is to create LMS to be a good ole fashioned Fragfest full of monsters with many game-modes to mix things up, and of course to be entirely based around Multiplayer-Coop.

The SP-Doom maps are great no doubt, but our mod isn't about being scared of the dark, and jumping out of your seat. It's about crap your pants when you bum rushed by a non-stop assault of Hell Minions.
iten
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMS has a very different atmosphere and strategy from the Doom 3 SP campaign. Many of us, especially calimer, found the SP campaign to be too easy and not worth very much replay value. In fact, I think bringing the Doom/Doom 2 atmosphere back into Doom 3 is what this mod is really all about.
BotManiac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMS is Awesome !!
Congrats.

im glad i waited that long for it Smile
3troror

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

;lol werll il been put and im pissedd at the moment so ju7ts make a sp coop mode anway bruv////,, chers
iten
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not really going to implement SP Coop that much. If you want that, try OpenCoop, which we support to the full extent of the law. Razz
e4rror

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg iten comon BLAD make a coop sp player for lms u nkow u want 2 andu know ur mod would den own and its not 2 much to ask is it man u could murk all ova mods den bruv...peace blad
NightWolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well can you guys at least fix the pda thing?
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try what I recommended in the manual under SP coop. I think the mode you need to run it in is "SP coop" but not sure. Try that and let us know how it works out. If you need help setting up a server check the mappers guide. Take care.
-calimer
SnoopJeDi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iten wrote:
We're not really going to implement SP Coop that much. If you want that, try OpenCoop, which we support to the full extent of the law. Razz

Makes sense, since some of the same code is used in each one :P

I played some coop on LMS with 3rror today actually by complete random consequence, and it was so-so (PDA messed up, airlock doors got fuxed, oxygen meter didn't display (I know how to fix that one though =P), etc. etc.)

The PDAs and what-have-you were very screwy. I think just running an actual Co-op mod would be 100x better, since everything is designed specifically to work with those maps.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC