Comments/suggestions/feedback/corn

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowMan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Comments/suggestions/feedback/corn Reply with quote

Got the beta, coming along extremely well. I'm really really impressed.

Suggestion/feedback, based on individual maps:

Portal Defense: LOUD. The engine noises everywhere are eargrating. Definitely cut some out/lower the volume a lot.
Incinerator: Didn't play it much, but it seemed kinda empty. (enemy-wise)
Loading Dock: Don't think it needs any improvements. Excellent multiplayer map.
Fortcomp Revamped: More variety of enemies need to appear over time, like the original fortcomp. Still plenty of fun.
Fortcompmp: Don't think it needs any improvements. Personal fave.
LMS_hangar: Besides the well-noted glitch, perfecto.
LockedIn: Don't think it needs any improvements. Also good MP map.
Trapped: If this is the one I'm thinking of (big empty room with imps), it could definitely use more varieties of enemies. Good setup, but throwing in a couple Wraiths or two wouldn't hurt.
Omega Anomoly: Haven't played
HumanDisposal: Don't think it needs any improvements.
Commandoattack: Don't think it needs any improvements. This map would rock on "Team Killing Fest" or whatever you called that new mode you're working on.
Transmissionpreview: Finish it! Razz
Chambers of misery: Pretty hard to see where you're going since it's so dark. But the mod needs a dark map like this, so keeping it would be fine.
Tunnel: Kinda unpolished, but I like it that way. Fundemental gameplay is fine (besides the revenants, but that's another story).
Bunker: Really hard. Hopefully this'll be the hardest map of the bunch, but either way, I'd either add another weapon or cut back on the hellknights.

But yeah, it's looking fantastic. On Progression mode though, it doesn't go into spectator mode when you die. I'm guessing this hasn't been implemented yet though.
Keep up the good work!
BEERman
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Comments/suggestions/feedback/corn Reply with quote

ShadowMan wrote:
Got the beta, coming along extremely well. I'm really really impressed.

Suggestion/feedback, based on individual maps:

Portal Defense: LOUD. The engine noises everywhere are eargrating. Definitely cut some out/lower the volume a lot.
Incinerator: Didn't play it much, but it seemed kinda empty. (enemy-wise)
Loading Dock: Don't think it needs any improvements. Excellent multiplayer map.
Fortcomp Revamped: More variety of enemies need to appear over time, like the original fortcomp. Still plenty of fun.
Fortcompmp: Don't think it needs any improvements. Personal fave.
LMS_hangar: Besides the well-noted glitch, perfecto.
LockedIn: Don't think it needs any improvements. Also good MP map.
Trapped: If this is the one I'm thinking of (big empty room with imps), it could definitely use more varieties of enemies. Good setup, but throwing in a couple Wraiths or two wouldn't hurt.
Omega Anomoly: Haven't played
HumanDisposal: Don't think it needs any improvements.
Commandoattack: Don't think it needs any improvements. This map would rock on "Team Killing Fest" or whatever you called that new mode you're working on.
Transmissionpreview: Finish it! Razz
Chambers of misery: Pretty hard to see where you're going since it's so dark. But the mod needs a dark map like this, so keeping it would be fine.
Tunnel: Kinda unpolished, but I like it that way. Fundemental gameplay is fine (besides the revenants, but that's another story).
Bunker: Really hard. Hopefully this'll be the hardest map of the bunch, but either way, I'd either add another weapon or cut back on the hellknights.

But yeah, it's looking fantastic. On Progression mode though, it doesn't go into spectator mode when you die. I'm guessing this hasn't been implemented yet though.
Keep up the good work!

Portal Defense: Ya that's a really harsh bug. I actually finished a redesign/bug fix today that just entirely removes the sounds since they're buggy (each one should turn on, one at a time with each open portal to help you find it.. for some reason in MP they don't work properly tho) Beta 3 shouldn't be too far away =)

Incinerator: Ya the enemies spawn in the long hallways, but there's a bug we're dealing with that makes monsters not want to attack you (or hunt you down) until you attack them first (or other monsters around them are attacking).. We're working on it

Fortcomp Revamp: We'll definetaly be be upgrading this map. We're going to focus somewhat on expanding the Defense type maps like that for the next release.

Trapped: Ya Mercykiller had to rush a little but he'll be making upgrades as time goes on

Omega Anomoly: You really gotta play it, I think that's a sweet map

THanks for the thorough review =)
ShadowMan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
*plays Omega Anomoly*
Nocturn
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love omega, but that first room is a biatch.
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chambers of misery was easier in beta 0.1 when you had the shoulder mounted flashlight. We're working on a replacement light for beta3.

Tunnel is basically done. The only thing I''ll add is something to prevent the players from camping where the monsters respawn. The revs are staying unless there is absolutely no way to fix their screwed missles. I'm not sure what you mean by its unpolished, if u told me that would help.

Bunker is far too hard. I'm definitey gonna turn down the monster count, as well as adding in mo' guns.

Thanks for the awesome feedback!!! Very Happy
ShadowMan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as long as it just gets better from here. Wink
Also, I played Omega Anomaly, and the first room's a biatch. I don't know how to get past it, because the door that I'm supposed to go through keeps acting like an invisible wall.
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats odd, the door works for me...
BEERman
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowMan wrote:
Well as long as it just gets better from here. Wink
Also, I played Omega Anomaly, and the first room's a biatch. I don't know how to get past it, because the door that I'm supposed to go through keeps acting like an invisible wall.

It'll open after you kill a fair amount of baddies. it'll take a few minutes
Nocturn
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meant to post this a while back, On hangar, the last room where that the imps/commandoes come out of, the fog there looks a bit cheasy, perhaps a simple lamp above the room to illuminate it might look better. Its easy to tell when the monsters spawn by their shadows.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC