SP map server

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: SP map server Reply with quote

I have been trying to modify the SP maps so that they may be played cooperatively (removing triggers, changing teleporters, etc.). I am happy to say that I have completed the map Hell1, currently it is the only one that will work but I am working on the others. If anybody would like to try it out the server name is Hobbes Dedicated Test Server. I will try to keep it up as much as possible.

You should be able to load the LMS mod and connect to the server. If you find any problems with the map, let me know.

Some problems that I noticed are:

- If you fall off the bridge just after the first teleport, you do not die. If that happens just grenade yourself or type kill in the console.
- When fighting the first hellknight after the bridge if you shoot him too early, he will be pushed backwards and the door closes back on him. If that happens you will have to restart the map.

Hobbes
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a list of the maps running on the server, check out the post SP Map List that need to be modified and contributed to LMS. I will update it each time a new map is added.

Hobbes

Note: message was edited to include link to other post. 3/1/05

Last edited by Hobbes on Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
ddraig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great work hobbes. Glad to see that someone is working on getting the SP maps workable!
When I get a chance I'll check the server out.
Havent DL'ed this mod yet, looks like the most promising COOP mod for Doom3 yet.
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddraig wrote:
Havent DL'ed this mod yet, looks like the most promising COOP mod for Doom3 yet.

What? You haven't downloaded it yet? Get moving marine, there are alot of monsters to kill...

Hobbes

p.s. You are correct, this is the best coop mod out there....
Corrupt Chocula
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woohoo dedicated servers: a true sign of dedication Razz
Salamandra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corrupt Chocula wrote:
woohoo dedicated servers: a true sign of dedication Razz

By definition!
ddraig

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried the mod online, WOW tremendous work guys!!!

Couldnt see your Hobbes server, but played a LMS specific map then some SP coop. As much as I liked Singleplayer, this makes Doom3 a whole new experience.
The SP CPU map ran well except for the door at the start of the level not opening at one time. The map did eventually crash, I think when a 4th player joined.
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shutdown the server while I played on xxlavaxx's server. It is running again.

If you do not see it in the list you can try to do an IP connect at 66.66.45.207:27666
I do not have a static IP so the address may change...

The door at the start of the map cpuboss only opens when someone spawns onto the map. If you spawn when the door is closing it will not open for you, just kill yourself with a grenade and it will open when you respawn.

Hobbes
ddraig

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
Ok, I was playing on xxlavaxx's server on cpuboss with him and another.
I *think* my crash might of been related to either the server shutting down, or you joining as a 4th player as the last hud message I saw was
'map Hobbes' or something before the game crashed..or it could be something completely different :P

I joined your server on mars_city1 and I fought one zombie but couldnt get out through the elevator..also the stairs was broke, the map seemed to be out of synch as there was an arm floating in mid air.
My ping was 220.
will play some more later in the week. Very cool that LMS 0.3 could well support the full SP game! great work.
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The map was mars_city2 and the stairs are supposed to look like that. You can get up to the balcony with a couple of well timed jumps on the handrail but it takes some practice. There are only some armor shards and a machine gun up there, the door will not open. When you walk over towards the open cabinet it will trigger a voice calling you to come up and a ladder will descend for you to climb.

Hobbes
3RROR
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg hobbes when you go on the monorail map, the monorai lsi so laggy you cant even move but i herd in nicemice's opencoop he made it not so laggy in his new version.
3RROR
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol hobbes i saw u on a sp server and the server was called d3r beta 4 test i didnt even know beta 4 was even out yet or is it just testing?
ddraig

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hobbes. Just played Mars_city2 on your server. The map ran much better for me than last time. I imagine that it was to do with lag or something last time.
I'll be willing to co-op playtest sometime this week as I should have the time to get online.
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
omg hobbes when you go on the monorail map, the monorai lsi so laggy you cant even move but i herd in nicemice's opencoop he made it not so laggy in his new version.

Yep, so this should be fixed in beta 0.3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC