FAQ and Troubleshooting for Beta 0.2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: FAQ and Troubleshooting for Beta 0.2 Reply with quote

Note: Please stay away from the Plasmathrower! It seems to be causing crashes sometimes.

Question- Why won't LMS work? All the other mods work but not lms?

Unfortunately the windows installer installs to the folder lms so if you have beta0.1, you will be overwriting Beta 0.1 files and creating an unusable mod.
Delete or rename Beta 0.1 then install Beta 0.2

Also make sure you have the LATEST Doom 3 patch installed, it makes all the difference. For windows the version is 1.1, for linux it is 1286

In addition make sure you don't have any mods/extra pk4s in your doom3/base directory. This is what will cause the data not in sync errors.

Question- Will there ever be the ability to filter LMS games?

This question was already e-mailed to id and they informed us that they will be releasing a patch/update soon to let people use the filter. Also people who are hosting servers can make life easier by putting a ^3 in front of their server name so that the servers stand out.

Update- We found a little trick that helps! Type
Quote:
gui_filter_gametype 5
into the console and it will show only custom mods!

Question- Where is the Shoulder Flashlight that was in beta 0.1?

Unfortunately it wasn't included because it was causing a lot of problems. We could have delayed the release to work on it but we figured you'd rather have something to play while you waited. Hopefully we can get it working for Beta 0.3.

Question- Why do monsters continue moving when they die? Is this a bug?
No, this was done to help lag. It makes quite a difference. I like to think of it as their hellish spirits still trying to attack you as their essances are being pulled from the realm of existence

Question- How do you get single player coop to work with LMS?
First off no guarantees for the SP coop gametype Very Happy
set gametype to SP COOP by writing si_gameType SP COOP in console. Set map by using si_map <map>. create server with spawnServer.

For more information please check the SP coop section in the manual, and the mappers guide on how to run a server.

Also check the SP Coop FAQ and Bugs List in this forum http://lms.d3files.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=458

Update-- Note that SP Coop mode seems to have a lot of problems, so sticking with LMS Mod might be a good idea. Also stay away from PDAs, they are not functioning and are not possible to put down.

Question- I reinstalled Doom 3 just to play LMS coop beta .2 and now I cant install the 1.1 patch, it says already installed!!
This topic covers how to fix the problem. http://www.forumplanet.com/planetdoom/topic.asp?fid=8327&tid=1493108

Question- When I try to turn off shadows in the menu they are still on, what do I do?
Bring down the console and input r_shadows 0 This will turn all the shadows off and dramatically improve the games performance so it is highly recommended to use. Note that you have to be a host to do this. Enable cheats with net_allowCheats 1 then turn the shadows off then net_allowcheats 0 to turn cheats off.

Question- How do I create a LMS server?
You can use the instructions I have in the mappers guide located in /lms/docs or you can try the server setup presented by Knube. Check it out here:
http://lms.d3files.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=490
For linux server information go here and/or if you want to see my current server.cfg look 6 posts down at this link:
http://lms.d3files.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=450

As a note the max recommended players is 3, though I did play in a server where with 4 it played decently, but usually it is just too much, for this release anyway. Expect significant lag improvments for the future.

Question- I am unable to connect to a server. I get an error stating "Data not in sync with server data". How do I fix this? - Thanks Corrupt Chocula
Doom 3 is very particular about the files that exist in your "Doom 3/base/" and "Doom 3/xxx/" folders. The contents of your folders must have the exact same PK4 files as the server in order to connect.

Linux Specific
Question- My sound screws up at the menu song, what is wrong?
I had to delete .lms in my .doom3 folder, probably due to older files in there from past versions of lms.

Please also see the bug list for more info if you are still finding problems.

Be sure to visit us on our IRC channel and we can help you with your problem one on one.
irc.gamesurge.net channel #lms-mod
---------------------
List updated with every new question asked.

Last edited by calimer on Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:34 am; edited 25 times in total
loky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

II get an erro when joining any server that 3 media files are missing .

any idea ?? reinstall dident help
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you try joining other servers to see if the server you got the error on was set up wrong..
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll get used to the monster deaths after a while - I actually think its alot more demonic looking.
Nocturn
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldnt bother me at all if it didnt let them continue attacking you as they are leaving this realm.
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If theres anything we can do about the attacking problem without causing lag we'll do it - if its a performance impacting situation, not gonna happen.
iten
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not necessairly about causing lag; it's more about whether we can get it to stop calling their Think() method.
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah okay.
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the FAQ a bit with some important notes, mainly about SP Coop and filtering our gametype.
-calimer
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC