Playing SP maps using LMS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Playing SP maps using LMS Reply with quote

First off I wanted to say, GREAT JOB with the mod. I am very impressed with the progress you guys are making.

I mainly downloaded the mod to try it out with the single player maps. I have been playing D3Reborn for a few weeks and I wanted to see if there is anything else out there yet. Now I know that the SP maps are not supported yet but I wanted to try it out. For the most part the mod works very well with the maps. On some of the maps I have to move the starting spawn location or remove entities that block our path but that is not a big problem. I had to do the same with the other cooperative mods also.

The following are some of my observations while running a listen server with the mod.

-- PDA screen does not work. If you pick up a pda on the map you have to disconnect and reconnect because a screen appears that you cannot get rid of. My temporary fix is that I remove all the pda's from the map and then I have to manually trigger some doors to get them to open.

-- Items that I spawn on the map do not appear on the client machines. The items are there and they can pick them up, but they do not see them.

-- If I set si_gametype SP COOP, the 'create server' screen does not list any maps and therefore I cannot start the server from that screen. I go into the console and type si_map game/<name> and then spawnserver

-- When I create a server with gametype of SP COOP, the map loads fine. But when I press escape to bring up the menu it goes to the LMS main screen. Each time I press escape it will switch between the LMS main screen and the map I am playing. This does not happen when I start the server with a gametype of LMS Mod.

-- Recycling1 map will load fine for me but nobody is able to sucessfully join. When they try to join I will see a "Reliable Messages Error".

As I play more, I will post my findings here.

Hobbes
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your bug reports! I think it has been decided amongst the team that we are going to try to get what we can to work in SP Coop. Our main focus is still going to be on LMS style gameplay and gamemodes but we are going to see what we can do about getting SP Coop to work too. Take care.
-calimer
3RROR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah theres one other major bug hobbes. when u finish the level and click exit it just restarts the map u was just on. so it would need to spawn you onto the next level like the single player game.
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking we could probably take care of that with a mapcycle. Take care.
-calimer
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Playing SP maps using LMS Reply with quote

Thanks for valuable information guys!
Hobbes wrote:
-- If I set si_gametype SP COOP, the 'create server' screen does not list any maps and therefore I cannot start the server from that screen. I go into the console and type si_map game/<name> and then spawnserver

We tried to make it possible to list the SP maps in the main menu, but as I understand timbo, it is not possible until id software releases their next patch. It will include some new features we will make use of.

Hobbes wrote:
-- When I create a server with gametype of SP COOP, the map loads fine. But when I press escape to bring up the menu it goes to the LMS main screen. Each time I press escape it will switch between the LMS main screen and the map I am playing. This does not happen when I start the server with a gametype of LMS Mod.

That's how it was intended since single player takes you back to the main menu while MP takes you to a in-game gui when pushing escape. Arguments for having the in-game gui instead of the main menu is welcome. I was thinking it might be better to have in-game gui since people can vote for changes there, etc.
3RROR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do any of u no when id will be releasing there next patch its taking longggggg
BotManiac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im guessing when they release the ExPansion Pack :-)

does anyone have any details on what the patch will contain ?

im figuring its gonna have some of these fixes.

support for 8 players
which means reworked network code ?

any thoughts ?
3RROR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol when expansion comes out dats long man uk wont get roe until bloody summer proberly lol or maby later i hope patch comes out like in a few weeks time =0
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the release a patch before the expansion pack! Ok, support for 8 players is a good guess.

I'm pessimistic and don't think it's because of better netcode, but better hardware (1 year after doom 3 release) Very Happy
3RROR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol AO i was hopeing 32 people online lol. and i reckon that alot of people bought doom 3 but dnt play it no more as its so boring online so people gone back to there old games
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

AO wrote:

That's how it was intended since single player takes you back to the main menu while MP takes you to a in-game gui when pushing escape. Arguments for having the in-game gui instead of the main menu is welcome. I was thinking it might be better to have in-game gui since people can vote for changes there, etc.

My vote is for the in-game gui espectially for the reasons you stated.
Voting for map restart, kicking a player, changing the map, chatting, etc...

When I want to chat I usually press escape then type what I want to say. I know I can use "T" for global chat but I got used to using the escape key instead and you know how hard it is to teach an old dog new tricks... :wink:

I also use the in-game gui to change skin color. It gets confusing if everyone is the same color.

I am going to try writing my own map cycle file to fix the problem with exiting from the maps.

Hobbes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.2 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC